Texas ISD Loses $349M Vote, Another Gets OK for $100M
- Prop. 39 Fix schools and the way money is spent. Hauck, Bill // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/25/2000, Issue 322673, p35
Comments on the Proposition 39 measure aimed at reforming the way school districts raise bonds. Inclusion of the measure in the November 2000 ballot; Provisions under the measure; Economic benefits.
- Tulsa County, Okla., to Vote on $162M of GOs for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p34
Reports on the inclusion of the general obligation bond package from Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in the referendum in Oklahoma. Need for voters to approve the said bond package before it can be offered to the market; Use of the proceeds of the bond to provide funding to...
- Hays educators rally for next bond round. Nelson, Beth // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/8/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 30, p3
This article reports on the approval of the Hays CISD bond proposal by voters in an election in Hays County, Texas. Statement from Hays CISD Superintendent Kirk London about the issue is presented. The number of votes for the approval of the school bond is indicated. The school bond covers the...
- Arizona Voters to Decide Fate of Over $1B of School Bonds This November. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/23/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32492, p6
The article reports on the opportunity of Arizona voters to decide on multi-million dollar school bond requests on November 7, 2006. Initial reports show that 22 school districts in the state are seeking approximately $1.07 billion in general obligation bonds. Also cited are the most pressing...
- Texas ISD Going to Polls With $558M Bond Package Sooner Than Expected. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;10/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32734, p6
The reports on an election to consider a $558 million bond package for the independent school districts in Austin, Texas. Voters of the school districts are going to the polls in three weeks to consider the bond package seven months earlier than anticipated. Further, the earlier election is...
- Kilgore ISD Sets GO Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/15/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33482, p7
The article reports on the scheduled balloting of the Kilgore Independent School District to use general obligation bond package worth 55 million dollars for the rehabilitation of aging facilities in Texas.
- Scottsdale, Ariz., Schools May Return to Polls With $217 Million Issue. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p4
Reports that the board of the Scottsdale, Arizona Unified School District is preparing for a $217 million bond election. Uses of the proceeds of the bonds; Appointment of John Baracy as superintendent, replacing Barbara Erwin; Reasons why voters might approve the measure.
- Ohio School Finance. // Education Digest;Dec1977, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p67
The article reports on thirty-two out of 48 Ohio school districts with school bond referendums winning voter confidence at the November 1977 elections. In the 11 districts where the referendums did not pass, another election may be held this month. Cleveland faces a variation on this theme:...
- S.F. School Measure. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p31
Reports that board members of the San Francisco Unified School District have been considering a school bond measure for the elections to be held in November 2003. Possible usage of the proceeds from the bonds; Criticism of the district for mismanagement of funds, including bond proceeds.