STUDY OF THE CEREBRAL VASCULARIZATION OF THE HUMAN FETUS BY TRANSUMBILICAL ANGIOGRAPHY
- ELLIPTIC CENTRIC BOLUS CONTRAST CAROTID MRA. Huston, J. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p32
Evaluates contrast-enhanced, elliptical centric three-dimensional carotid magnetic resonance angiography. Spatial resolution; Comparison with conventional angiography.
- ACCURACY OF THREE-DIMENSIONAL GADOLINIUM ENHANCED MRA IN THE ASSESSMENT OF EXTRACRANIAL CAROTID ARTERY DISEASE. Douek, P.C.; Serfaty, J.M.; Chirossel, P. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p31
Assesses the three-dimensional gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) of the extracranial carotid artery. Comparison of MRA results obtained alone and in association with Duplex ultrasonography; Image quality; Sensitivity and specificity.
- FACTORS AFFECTING IMAGE QUALITY IN HIGH-RESOLUTION MRA OF THE CAROTID ARTERIES. Wright, G.; Farb, R.; Kim, J.; Wessman, D.; Sussman, M.; Pauly, J.; Nishimura, D.; Yuexi, H. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p30
Examines factors that may degrade spatial resolution in contrast-enhanced carotid magnetic resonance angiography. Expected spatial resolution based on the filling of k-space; Phase variation over k-space due to displacements of the carotid artery.
- THE TRANSRADIAL APPROACH FOR SELECTIVE CAROTID AND VERTICAL ANGIOGRAPHY. Iwasaki, S.; Yokoma, K.; Takayama, K.; Ueda, K.; Sueyosi, S.; Nagasawa, M.; Ide, K.; Nakagawa, H.; Kichikawa, K. // Acta Radiologica;Nov2002, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p549
Purpose: The transradial approach is not so popular in cerebral angiography. The purpose of this study was therefore to present our experience of success rate and safety of this method. Material and Methods: From December 1998 to June 2001, 526 carotid and vertebral angiographies with DSA were...
- Asymptomatic Carotid Rete Mirabile and Contralateral Carotid Agenesis: A Case Report. Aburto-Murrieta, Yolanda; Dulce, Bonifacio-Delgadillo // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;May2011, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p361
Carotid rete mirabile (CRM) is a physiological network between the external carotid artery (ECA) and internal carotid artery (ICA) in lower mammals. It is a transdural arterial network centered at the parasellar area, in anatomical localization of intracavernous or petrous segment of ICA,...
- Correlation between carotid bifurcation calcium burden on non-enhanced CT and percentage stenosis, as confirmed by digital subtraction angiography. Sarikaya, B.; Lohman, B.; Mckinney, A. M.; Gadani, S.; Irfan, M.; Lucato, L. // British Journal of Radiology;
Objectives: Previous evidence supports a direct relationship between the calcium burden (volume) on post-contrast CT with the percent internal carotid artery (ICA) stenosis at the carotid bifurcation.We sought to further investigate this relationship by comparing non-enhanced CT (NECT) and...
- CONTRAST-ENHANCED CAROTID MRA MULTI-CENTER TRIAL. Korosec, F.; Turski, P.; Carroll, T.; Grist, T.; Mistretta, C. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p33
Reports on a multicenter trial which evaluated contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (CE-MRA) of the carotid bifurcation. Comparison of stenosis measurements obtained with digital subtraction angiography; Motion-induced artifacts contained in CE-MRA methods.
- Variations in Aortic Arch Branch Vessel Anatomy as Seen by Aortography. Reppert, Matthew K.; Lundgren, Eric C.; Dibos, Luis A.; Deshmukh, Narayan // Vascular Surgery;Mar1993, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p89
Several variations in the anatomy of the aortic arch and its branches have been described in the literature hased on cadaveric dissection findings. Many of these variations can also be detected hy aortic arch arteriography. This study was undertaken to determine the incidence and pattern of...
- Noninvasive Coronary Angiography – An Acceptable Alternative? Achenbach, Stephan; Daniel, Werner G. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/27/2001, Vol. 345 Issue 26, p1909
The author talks about noninvasive coronary angiography as an acceptable alternative to invasive diagnostic coronary angiography. The author states that x-ray coronary angiography is the only accepted method for the imaging of coronary-artery stenoses. According to the author, it is important to...