Commuter Rail Study
- TAKE THE THROTTLE ON MAINLINE STEAM. Thompson, Terry D. // Trains;Jul2005, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p46
Narrates an experience of a railroad travel in Poland. Description of the passenger train; Highlights of the travel; Lessons in life learned from the experience. INSET: HOW DO I GET THERE?.
- NORTHEAST COMMUTER TRAINS. Van Hattem, Matt // Trains;Jul2005, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p62
Presents a map of the commuter trains that run in the Northeastern U.S.
- BOOKS. // New Yorker;10/11/1976, Vol. 52 Issue 34, p172
The article offers information from the "Sandusky Register" about a train route from Boston, Massachusetts to Buffalo, New York.
- CENTRAL SOUTHERN REGION. Goble, John // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p58
The article reports on the reopening of the Chandler's Ford railway station in England. The rail service offers a direct rail route either into Southampton or to Ramsey, both popular destinations in their own right and each offering several opportunities for further use of the national railway...
- Embsay king size! // Railways Illustrated;Jun2006, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p78
The article assesses the Embsay Railway near Skipton in Yorkshire, England. It evaluates the railway's four-mile line that runs from Bolton Abbey, via the passing loop at Stoneacre and the halt at Holywell to Embsay station. The author examines the railway's traction, quality of stock, and...
- Getting on track. Getchel, Amanda // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/18/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p3A
The article focuses on the initiatives of the Indiana Transportation Museum (ITM) in Noblesville to increase its visibility, attract new riders, and eventually grow the organization. The museum launched the "Hoosier Heartland" train ride to introduce passengers to four Hamilton County...
- POINTERS. // Rail Business Intelligence;5/13/2010, Issue 366, p1
The article offers world news briefs related to railroad industry including the decline of High Speed service to Saint Pancras from 12 to four six-car formations, the concerns of industry insiders on the impact of post-election spending review, and the construction of the Savigliano plant in Italy.
- Cities vie to ride folks out on a rail. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the competition between Goldsboro and Fayetteville for a stop on a proposed railroad route from Raleigh to Wilmington in North Carolina. Expectation of Pat Simmons, director of the North Carolina Department of Transportation's rail division, on the number of passengers that will be...
- Chasing 37s. Gandy, Steve // Railways Illustrated;Aug2009, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p8
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in his railroad travel in England.