- House Subcommittee Sets Transparency Hearing. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p36
Reports that the United States House Commerce Committee panel has tentative plans to hold a hearing on September 23, 1998. Issues of mutual fund fees and availability of pricing information in municipal and fixed-income markets; Lack of finalization of the date for the finance subcommittee...
- Slate of Hearings On Housing Finance. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;4/13/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 56, p3
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives has scheduled several hearings on topics related to housing finance.
- Status hearings begin, GAO study delayed. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;10/19/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p33
Reports on the status hearing to be held by the U.S. House of Representatives to review the 1993 status plebiscite in Puerto Rico. Concerns over the cost of state-like treatment.
- Panel Looks at Reform Impact on Banks. Adler, Joe // American Banker;3/1/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 32, p3
Brief information is given about the planned March 2, 2011 U.S. House Financial Services' financial institutions subcommittee hearing on how the Dodd-Frank Act will affect banks and small business enterprises.
- House Sends $59.6 Billion Transportation Bill to Senate. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p7
Reports on the approval of a bond issuance legislation by the U.S. House. Use of the bonds to finance the year 2002 transportation programs; Vote on the legislation by the House; Submission of the approved legislation to the U.S. Senate.
- House to Discuss Muni Rating Legislation. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/30/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33192, p1
The article reports on a legislative hearing over a proposed municipal bond rating legislation to be held by a U.S. House Financial Services Committee. The bill would ensure municipal bonds are rated the same way as other securities. It would also expose the rating agencies to significant...
- OUTRAGE OF THE WEEK! // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/19/2004, Issue 840, p30
Reports that the Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy and Human Resources of the U.S. House Committee on Government Reform plans to conduct a hearing on faith-based initiatives. Plan of the conservative group Focus on the Family to testify during the hearing; Promotion of initiatives...
- Bullheaded Government. // Saturday Evening Post;5/18/1935, Vol. 207 Issue 46, p26
Focuses on the significance of the release of the documents from the U.S. Government Printing Office related to the hearings before the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of a legislation. Aim of the legislation to alleviate the hazards of old age, unemployment, illness, and dependency;...
- Hearing on Worker Investment Advice Bill . Heller, Michele // American Banker;2/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p20
Reports that a U.S. House panel has scheduled a hearing on a legislation that would make it convenient for pension fund managers to give investment advice. Reluctance of employers to allow their pension fund managers for offering advice to their workers.