New NRSRO A.M. Best May Rate Bond Insurers
- A's won't be so easy anymore. Demott, John S. // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p29
Discusses A.M. Best Co.'s evaluation of insurance companies. Lowering of A.M. Best's rating of Cigna Corp.'s property and casualty insurance operations; Other companies rated by A.M. Best; Criticisms on A.M. Best's downgrading decision. INSET: How to judge a rating..
- The pace quickens. Mayewski, Larry G.; Albanese, Michael L. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jan1997, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p91
Examines A.M. Best's ratings outlook for insurance companies. Importance of strategic positioning and value creation; Development of sustainable market positions; Consolidation trends; Life insurance; Retirement savings; Health care.
- Core reserving worries Best. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;02/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p2
Reports on a warning issued on January 20, 1997, by an official with insurer rating agency A.M. Best Company, to property/casualty insurers and risk managers, that rough times are ahead if insurers' loss reserving for core lines of business, continues to deteriorate. What the situation may...
- Best's rating changes. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p18
Presents A.M. Best Co.'s ratings for insurance companies in the United States as of April 1997. Includes American Equity Investment Life; Christian Fidelity Life Insurance Co.; Life of the South Insurance Co.
- Gerling Life Reinsurance Gets Initial Financial Strength Rating Of 'A-' (Excellent). // Insurance Advocate;9/22/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 35, p41
Reports that A.M. Best Co. has assigned an initial financial strength rating of A- to Gerling Life Insurance GmbH. Upgrading of the financial strength ratings to A- from B++ of Gerling Global Life Insurance Co. and Gerling Global Life Reinsurance Co.; Importance of the subsidiaries to the...
- P/C industry accelerates recognition of E&A liabilities. Simpson, Eric M.; Dolson Smith, W. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Apr96, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p22
Analyzes A.M. Best Co.'s estimates and projections of the American insurance industry's environmental and asbestos (E&A) reserves and net payments for the years 1992 to 1996. Changes in the E&A reserves; Impact of E&A incurred losses on the industry's combined ratio from 1992 to 1994.
- Best's rating updates. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Apr96, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p28
Presents A.M. Best Co.'s ratings of various insurance companies in the United States.
- A.M. Best Announces Revised Debt Methodology To Provide Summarizing Data. // Insurance Advocate;7/28/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 28, p38
Reports on the revision of the debt rating methodology of A.M. Best Co. in Oldwick, New Jersey. Impact of using debt capital on the ratings of insurance organizations; Interest of non-policyholders in insurer creditworthiness; Transition from the traditional financial strength ratings scale to...
- Review of international companies. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Nov95, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p36
Reports that in June 1995, A.M. Best Co. released its first rating assignment for companies appearing in the next edition of `Best's Insurance Reports, International.' Summary of current Best's rating releases; 1995 guide to Best's ratings.