Florida Lawmakers Face Medicaid, Growth Management
- Legislature prevents a train wreck. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/26/95, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p5
Opinion. Comments about the Louisiana legislature's action in dealing with reduced federal Medicaid funding. Federal rejection of bailout plea proposed by the state; Tapping surplus funds that were supposed to go into debt reduction; Passage of bill banning lawmakers from doing business with...
- Healthcare Tweaks and Challenges. Gessel, Dave // Utah Business;Apr2012, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p64
The article focuses on the Utah Legislature's actions on various healthcare bills in 2012. The lack of budget deficit has allowed the Legislature to provide adequate funding for Medicaid and continue moving most of Medicaid into managed care. The state Legislature passed a bill that will require...
- Don't let state surplus euphoria cloud reality. // Journal of Business (10756124);1/12/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 2, pA4
The article comments on the projected budget surplus convened by the legislative bodies in Washington. The call of Governor Christine Gregoire for spending another 504 million dollars with the projected increase was cited. An analysis on the budgetary challenged in health care was presented. A...
- Mass. reduces Medicaid cut. // Drug Topics;10/21/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the cutback of Medicaid reimbursement by a few percent in Massachusetts. Approval of desired rate by the state legislature; Anticipation of a bigger savings for the fiscal year.
- Rell tells legislators to stick to spending cap. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/18/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p9
Reports that Governor M. Jodi Rell has cautioned the bipartisan leadership of the General Assembly against adding spending to her proposed budget and exceeding the state's constitutional spending cap. Release of the statement in anticipation of Democrats who control the legislature's...
- Legislature: HALF-TIME REPORT. PHAGAN-HANSEL, KIM // Wyoming Business Report;Feb2015, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
The article reviews the legislative work of the 63rd Wyoming legislature. Topics include the January 16, 2015 report of the Consensus Revenue Estimating Group (CREG) projecting a 151.8 million U.S. dollar decrease in the 2015-16 estimate of severance taxes and a reduction of 98.4 million dollars...
- Cash-Strapped Nassau County, N.Y., Approves a $2.2 Billion 2002 Budget. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p3
Reports on the approval of Legislature to the proposed operating budget for Nassau County, New York for 2002. Disclosure on the amount of the proposed budget; Viability of the spending plan to overcome the 2001 crisis; Reason behind the opposition of the Republicans to the spending plan.
- How to help fix city budget. // Crain's New York Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
No abstract available.
- Hall of shame award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/15/95, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p1
Criticizes the New York State Legislature for not approving the state budget by the April 1995 deadline. Consequence of the lawmakers' failure.