SEC Names Enforcement Administrator in Philadelphia
- Hawke, Bergers Named District Chiefs in Philadelphia, Boston. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32356, p5
The article reports on the appointments of Daniel M. Hawke as administrator of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Philadelphia district office and David Bergers as head of the Boston district office. Hawke has previously played a supervisory role in municipal bond in the...
- Carter, Harlan Named to Top SEC Posts. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p36
Reports on the appointment of directors of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Professional background of the directors.
- Touting Expertise, Pitt Says He Has No Intention of Resigning. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p5
Reports the refusal of the Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Harvey Pitt to resign in the U.S. Expertise in the securities market; Management on the crisis of confidence in the stock market; Implementation of economic reforms.
- Pitt Tells ABA He Plans to Stay at SEC. Ferris, Craig // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p5
Reports the statement of Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Harvey L. Pitt to remain in the position despite calls for resignation in the U.S. Management of the corporate fraud crisis; Alteration of capital markets; Career history of Pitt.
- SEC'S Longtime Executive Director Jim McConnell to Retire in June. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p4
The article reports on the plan of Jim McConnell to retire from his position as executive director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). McConnel will help in the transition process at SEC and plans to continue in private sector. According to SEC chairman Christopher Cox,...
- Senate Panel Unanimously Approves Four SEC Nominees. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p4
Reports the approval of four of U.S. president George W. Bush's nominees for the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate Banking Committee. Names of nominees; Job responsibility of each nominees; Support of the committee among committee members.
- White House: Pitt Criticism Political. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p1/8
Reports the request on the termination of chairman Harvey Pitt by the Bush Administration officials in the U.S. Engagement of Pitt in a behavior eroding the credibility of the Securities and Exchange Commission; Initiation of the termination request by Majority Leader Tom Daschle and Minority...
- Donaldson Names to Head SEC. // Practical Accountant;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the nomination of William H. Donaldson to be commissioner of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Position held in Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette; Career experiences; Educational background.
- SEC's Bresnan Promoted to Deputy Chief. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31259, p6
Reports on an announcement made by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the promotion of Peter H. Bresnan to the post of deputy chief litigation counsel. Professional background of Bresnan; Reasons for Bresnan's promotion.