Fitch Puts Denver, L.A. Hockey Arenas on Negative Watch
- FITCH UPGRADES MISSOURI DEBT. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p1
The article reports on the credit rating given by Fitch Ratings Inc. to the $779 million outstanding appropriation-backed debt issued by the state of Missouri and six state agencies. The rating agency has upgraded its rating for the state to AA plus from AA and its general obligation rating of...
- Fitch Bumps Outlook for $274M of Jefferson Parish, La., Debt to Stable. Desue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p6
The article reports on the credit rating upgrade made by Fitch Ratings Inc., for about $274 million of debt issued by Jefferson Parish, Louisiana and two bond issuers in the parish, the Consolidated Recreation and Community Center and Playground District, Subdistrict No. 1 and Fire District No....
- Problems With Authority. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31903, p1
Reports on the reasons why rating agency Fitch Ratings Inc. may cut the credit rating of the Long Island Power Authority's senior lien debt in New York. Fuel costs; Utility's expanded program for developing new power supplies; Problem with rising electric rates; Financial performance.
- Fitch Rolls Out New CDO Criteria. G. S. // Asset Securitization Report;5/5/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p14
The article reports on the new global rating criteria unveiled by Fitch Ratings Ltd. for corporate collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in 2008. The new criteria is said to be the rating agency's response to complaints concerning the lack of transparency and rating instability for CDO...
- Fitch Drops CIFG 11 Notches to CCC. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/2/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32890, p1
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. downgraded CIFG Assurance NA 11 notches to CCC from A-minus in the U.S. The agency said that the severity of the downgrade is in line with conditions meeting the minimum regulatory capital requirements. IT views the company's current claims-paying...
- Ratings agencies to revamp systems. Le Gouais, Marcel // Mortgage Strategy;2/11/2008, p10
The article reports on the plan of credit rating agencies to adopt new methods in the evaluation of firms in Great Britain. They have been criticized for their failure in providing forecast in the loss of the U.S. sub-prime and residential mortgage-backed securities. Standard & Poor's Corp....
- NHL Season Cancellation Would Hurt Debt: Fitch. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p2
Reports the statement by Fitch Ratings Inc. that it would likely place all rated sports arena debt associated with a National Hockey League (NHL) team on rating watch negative in the event of a complete cancellation of the 2004-05 NHL season in the United States.
- COOK CO. DROPS FITCH FROM UPCOMING DEAL. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/12/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32960, p1
The article reports that Cook County, Illinois drops Fitch Ratings Ltd. from its next debt issue. The move came after the rating agency decided to revise the county's outlook to negative from stable on $3 billion of outstanding general obligation debt due to fiscal pressures. The revision...
- DISCOVER MAY BOOST MORTGAGES. // National Mortgage News;8/29/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p13
Reports on the downgrade of Fitch Ratings Inc.'s ratings for Discover Bank following the decision by Morgan Stanley not to sell its Discover Card business in New York.