Effects of Calcium Antagonists and Nitroglycerin on Atrial Natriuretic Peptide in Normal Subjects and Patients with Essential Hypertension
- N-terminal fragments of the proatrial natriuretic peptide in patients before and after hemodialysis treatment. Franz, Martina; Woloszczuk, Wolfgang; Hörl, Walter H. // Kidney International;Jul2000, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p374
N-terminal fragments of the proatrial natriuretic peptide in patients before and after hemodialysis treatment. Background. Fragments derived from the prohormone of Î±-human atrial natriuretic peptide (Î±-ANP) in patients with cardiac failure are more closely related to the disease state than...
- Plasma atrial natriuretic factor concentrations in essential and renovascular hypertension. Larochelle, P.; Cusson, J.R.; Gutkowska, J.; Schiffrin, E.L.; Hamet, P.; Kuchel, O.; Genest, J.; Cantin, M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/16/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6582, p1249
Examines on the importance of plasma atrial natriuretic factor concentrations. Study on 44 patients with mild untreated essential hypertension; Measurement at the time of renal vein catheterization in a group of 15 hypertensive patients.
- Intraindividual temporal variance of biomarkers and the definition of individualized prognosis in cardiovascular patients. MacFadyen, R. J. // Journal of Human Hypertension;Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p383
The article comments on the paper of D. Conen and colleague regarding the substantial intra-individual variability of B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) concentrations. The study reaffirms the principle that an isolated measure is simply an approximation of any biological variable subject to both...
- The future diagnosis of heart failure with normal ejection fraction: less imaging, more biomarkers? Franssen, Constantijn; Paulus, Walter J. // European Journal of Heart Failure;Oct2011, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p1043
No abstract available.
- Use Of Recombinant B-Type Natriuretic Peptide In A Patient With Severe Sepsis: Renoprotective? Hutchens, Michael P.; Weinmann, Maxwell // Internet Journal of Emergency & Intensive Care Medicine;2007, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Severe sepsis complicated by acute renal failure has a high mortality. Despite severe clinical implications, a consensus on treatment and/or prevention of ARF in this setting has yet to emerge. As a potent natriuretic, renal vasodilator, and inhibitor of renin secretion, natriuretic peptide is...
- Ouabain-like natriuretic factor and atrial natriuretic factor in pregnancy. Fievet, P.; Gregoire, I.; Fournier, A.; Roth, D.; Siegenthaler, G.; El Esper, N.; Favre, H.; de Bold, A. // Kidney International Supplement;Sep1988, Issue 25, p89
Presents a study on the identification of ouabain-like natriuretic factor and atrial natriuretic factor in pregnancy. Factor contributing to the increased intracellular sodium; Discovery of hypertension in ambulatory patients on a normal salt diet; Role of natriuretic factor on hypertension.
- Natriuretic Peptides and Vasopeptidase Inhibitors / [Peptides natriurÃ©tiques et inhibiteurs des vasopeptidases]. Nemer, Mona; du Souich, Patrick; de Bold, Mercedes L. Kuroski; Kourie, Joseph // Canadian Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology;Aug2001, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p1
Reports on a satellite symposium on the 20th anniversary celebration of the discovery of atrial natriuretic factor organized by the International Society of Hypertension which was held in Ottawa, Ontario from August 18 to 19, 2000.
- Hypertension, cardiac state, and the role of volume overload during peritoneal dialysis. Hölttä, T.; Happonen, Juha-Matti; Rönnholm, K.; Fyhrquist, Frej; Holmberg, Christer // Pediatric Nephrology;2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p324
The cardiac state and the prevalence of high blood pressure (BP) were analyzed in 21 pediatric patients (mean age 5.3Â±5.3 years) on chronic peritoneal dialysis (CPD), the aim being to specify the impact of hypervolemia in the etiology of hypertension. C- and N-terminal atrial natriuretic...
- Dissecting the genetics of complex traits: lessons from hypertension*. Navis, Gerjan; Bakker, Stephan J. L.; van der Harst, Pim // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;May2010, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p1382
The article offers information on the research conducted to evaluate the correlation between atrial natriuretic peptides (ANP), brain natriuretic peptides (BNP) and blood pressure of patients in Groningen, Netherlands. Researchers did the study on 1705 subjects with higher ANP and BNP levels and...