INJECTION THERAPY OF VARICOSE VEINS
- varicotomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2438
A definition of the term "varicotomy," which refers to excision of a varicose vein, is presented.
- Erratum to: Minimally Invasive Surgery for Obscure Idiopathic Ileal Varices Diagnosed by Capsule Endoscopy and Double Balloon Endoscopy: Report of a Case. Konishi, Hirotaka; Kikuchi, Shojiro; Miyashita, Atsushi; Ichikawa, Daisuke; Fujiwara, Hitoshi; Kubota, Takeshi; Ochiai, Toshiya; Kokuba, Yukihito; Yasukawa, Satoru; Yanagisawa, Akio; Otsuji, Eigo // Surgery Today;Apr2011, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p600
A correction to the article "Minimally Invasive Surgery for Obscure Idiopathic Ileal Varices Diagnosed by Capsule Endoscopy and Double Balloon Endoscopy: Report of a Case," by Hirotaka Konishi and colleagues, published in Vol. 40 is presented.
- Endovenous laser with miniphlebectomy for treatment of varicose veins and effect of different levels of laser energy on recanalization. A single center experience. Golbasi, Ilhan; Turkay, Cengiz; Erbasan, Ozan; Kemaloğlu, Cemal; Sanli, Suat; Turkay, Mehtap; Bayezid, Ömer // Lasers in Medical Science;Jan2015, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p103
Varicose veins, associated with great saphenous vein (GSV) incompetence, are traditionally treated with conventional surgery. In recent years, minimally invasive alternatives to surgical treatment such as the endovenous laser ablation (EVLA) and radiofrequency (RF) ablation have been developed...
- Selected PhlÃ©bologie Abstracts. // Phlebology;Apr2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p203
The article present abstracts of several articles including "Which foams are right for which indications?" by A. Monfreux, "Routine evaluation of the results of the treatments for varicose veins. How should this be done in practice?" by C. Hamel-Desnos and "Varicose vein removal procedure:...
- Standard guidelines for care: Sclerotherapy in dermatology. Khunger, Niti; Sacchidanand, S. // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p222
Definition: Sclerotherapy is defined as the targeted elimination of small vessels, varicose veins and vascular anomalies by the injection of a sclerosant. The aim of sclerotherapy is to damage the vessel wall and transform it into a fibrous cord that cannot be recanalized. It is a simple,...
- Veniti gets CE mark for its Vici Venous Stent. // Medical Device Daily;11/18/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 223, p1
The article reports that Veniti received approval to ConformitÃ© EuropÃ©enne (CE) mark their Vici Venous Stent, a treatment of venous obstruction, and their Veni RF Plus Ablation System, a varicose vein ablation product. Advantages of the Vici Venous Stent for iliofemoral venous obstruction...
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins. Wolf, B.; Brittenden, J. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p1
Explains surgical treatment for varicose veins. Conditions that require and favor a varicose vein surgery; Explanation of sapheno-femoral ligations; Procedure of stripping a long saphenous vein; Significance of marking the sapheno-popliteal vein pre-operatively with Doppler scanning.
- NERVE INJURY IN LOWER LIMB VASCULAR SURGERY. Moawad, M. R.; Masannat, Y. A.; Alhamdani, A.; Gibbons, C. P. // Surgeon (Edinburgh University Press);Feb2008, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p32
Objective: Nerve injury is one of the most common complications of varicose vein surgery and is a frequent cause for litigation but its incidence following lower limb arterial surgery has not been well documented. This study was undertaken to determine the incidence of nerve injury following...
- TO SOLVE VEIN PROBLEMS... Lally, Steven; Shimer, Porter; London, Cemela; Eickmeier, Jan; Sangiorgio, Maureen; Piszczek, Carole // Prevention;Dec89, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p45
Describes procedures to solve problems of the veins and arteries. Availability of the device called rotablator that sands down plaque blockage in the arteries; Advantages of the non-surgical alternative for the treatment of varicose veins called sclerotherapy.