Kentucky Legislature Eyes $2B
- Virginia Legislators Reach Deal on Biennial Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p4
Reports that Virginia House of Delegates and Senate legislators have reached a compromise on the state's budget for fiscal 2005-2006. Compromise budget plan; Protection of the state's triple-A bond rating; Plans to boost spending on education, health care, public safety and state workers' salaries.
- Fitch Upgrades Prince George's County, Md., to AA-Plus. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32159, p7
This article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. upgraded the $820 million in outstanding limited-tax general obligation debt of Prince George's County, Maryland, to AA-plus from AA. The agency attributed the rating hike to the county's ability to operate effectively under tax limitations in both...
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p31
Presents a chart depicting the rating changes to the bonds of issuers compiled by Matthew Kreps in the U.S.
- BROKER REVIEWS. MacFarlane, Bruce; Jackson, Colin; Patel, Meera // Money Marketing;11/10/2005, p38
Highlights the ratings for different funds, securities and bonds offered by financial institutions in Great Britain.
- S&P Gives Tennessee GOs First Upgrade Since 2000. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p1
The article reports on the upgrade of the Tennessee's general obligation (GO) debt by the Standard & Poor's Corp. The Standard & Poor has lifted the state's AA GO bond to AA-plus, reflecting the state's continually improving financial position, which is partly attributed to the reforms it made...
- Not So Wellmont. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31859, p35
Reports that rating agency Standard and Poor's will maintain its negative outlook rating on the debt issued by Wellmont Health System in Tennessee. Concern of rating agency over Wellmont's aggressive investment policy and its planned hospital in Johnson City; Claim of Standard and Poor's...
- Moody's Upgrades Boston's Children's Hospital to Aa2. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p4
Reports on the upgrade in the rating of the bonds of Boston's Children's Hospital by Moody's Investors Service. Overall financial performance of the hospital; Identification of the company that will insure the bond sale; Use of the money for reimbursement of the hospital for prior capital...
- Fitch Junks $4 Billion of Detroit Water, Sewer Revs. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34068, p1
The article informs that financial ratings expert company Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded more than 4 billion dollars of Detroit Water and Sewerage Department debt to junk bond status. Topics discussed include weak financial performance and uncertainty stemming from Detroit, bankruptcy image...
- San Diego's Debt Ratings Suspended. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p1
Reports on the suspension of San Diego's debt by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services in California. Reason of the suspension; Impact of the suspension on general fund-backed lease underlying ratings; Failure of the agency to provide the amount of debt affected by the suspension.