Surgical Approach and Review of Literature on Gastroduodenal Aneurysm: A Case Report
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p1
Presents an encyclopedia entry for abdominal aortic aneurysm. Causes; Symptoms; Primary nursing diagnosis; Discharge and home healthcare guidelines.
- Combined Type B Aortic Dissection and Fusiform Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Van Schil, P.; De Vries, D.; Vanmaele, R.; Demey, H. // Angiology;Jul1994, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p655
Two patients are described with a combined type B aortic dissection and a fusiform abdominal aortic aneurysm, the dissection not involving the aneurysm. In a seventy-year- old man a type B aortic dissection and a large abdominal aneurysm were found. An infrarenal aortic bifurcation graft was...
- Local Hypothermia with Ice Slush for Kidney Protection During Suprarenal Aortic Cross-Clamping. Report of Two Cases. Olearchyk, Andrew S. // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1992, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p515
Focuses on the application of a local kidney protection with ice slush when suprarenal aortic cross-clamping was necessary for a safe resection of an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). Symptoms and diagnosis of AAA; Treatment administered to the patients; Patient outcomes.
- The management of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Symons, N. R. A.; Gibbs, R. G. J. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Oct2009, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p566
Abdominal aortic aneurysms cause about 6000 deaths per year in England and Wales, predominantly from rupture. Significant progress has been made in recent years in developing minimally invasive, endovascular methods of treatment. This review evaluates the current management options for abdominal...
- Cardiovascular Disease Treatment. Williams, David S. // Journal of Insurance Medicine;2005, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p168
Presents abstracts of the study "A randomized Trial Comparing Conventional and Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurisms," by M. Prinssen, E. L. Verhoeven et al.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm surgery for octogenarians. Hiroyuki Ishibashi; Takashi Ohta; Ikuo Sugimoto; Hirohide Iwata; Jun Kawanishi; Tetsuya Yamada; Masao Tadakoshi; Noriyuki Hida // Surgery Today;Nov2008, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p1004
Abstract PurposeÂ Â To define the indications for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) surgery in octogenarians. MethodsÂ Â We reviewed septuagenarians and octogenarians with a nonspecific AAA diagnosed at our hospital between January, 1990 and June, 2006. ResultsÂ Â Among a total...
- RUPTURED ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM. You-Wen Tsai; Blodgett, James B.; Wilson, Gerald S.; Lucas, Robert J.; Tumacder, Oscar C. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1973, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p232
The pathognomonic triad of pain, pulsatile abdominal mass, and hypotension is of considerable diagnostic importance in regard to ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. In a series of 49 patients with ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm, the clinical triad was present in 37 patients (absent in 12):...
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: Results From a Community Hospital. Chiu, James S. P. // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1982, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p260
The results of the management of patients with confirmed abdominal aortic aneurysms in a community general hospital over a 5-year period were reviewed. The patients were grouped according to the presentation of their aneurysms into 3 categories: asymptomatic, symptomatic, and ruptured....
- Evaluating patient-specific abdominal aortic aneurysm wall stress based on flow-induced loading. Dorfmann, A.; Wilson, C.; Edgar, E. S.; Peattie, R. A. // Biomechanics & Modeling in Mechanobiology;Apr2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p127
In this paper, we develop a physiologic wall stress analysis procedure by incorporating experimentally measured, non-uniform pressure loading in a patient-based finite element simulation. First, the distribution of wall pressure is measured in a patient-based lumen cast at a series of...