Spontaneous Venous Ilio-Femoral Thrombosis in an Infant
- Thrombosis of Left Heart in A Newborn. Rais-Bahrami, Khodayar; Barry, David; Naqvi, Mubariz; Habersang, Rolf // Clinical Pediatrics;Aug1992, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p508
Presents a case report of thrombosis of left heart in a newborn. Clinical presentation of the disease; Diagnosis and treatment.
- High-Dose Urokinase Therapy in Newborn Infants with Major Vessel Thrombosis. Giacoia, George P. // Clinical Pediatrics;Apr1993, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p231
The effectiveness of urokinase therapy for thrombosis in children, particularly in newborn infants, has not been established. We report our experience with the local administration of high-dose intrathrombus urokinase in two newborn infants. One infant had aortic thrombosis and the other,...
- Management and Outcome in 32 Neonates with Thrombotic Events. van Elteren, H. A.; Veldt, H. S.; te Pas, A. B.; Roest, A. A. W.; Smiers, F. J.; Kollen, W. J.; Sramek, A.; Walther, F. J.; Lopriore, E. // International Journal of Pediatrics;2011, p1
Objective. To determine the incidence, management, complications, and outcome in neonates with thrombotic events. Study Design. We performed a retrospective study of all neonates with thrombotic events admitted to our neonatal intensive care unit from January 2004 to July 2010. Results....
- Arteriovenous malformation of the vein of Galen in three neonates: emphasis on associated early ischaemic brain damage. de Koning, T. J.; Gooskens, R.; Veenhoven, R.; Meijboom, E. J.; Jansen, G. H.; Lasjaunias, P.; de Vries, L. S. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1997, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p228
Vein of Galen malformation is a rare intracranial disorder in newborns. In recent years the survival rate has improved due to improvement in endovascular treatment of this abnormality. We describe three neonates with a vein of Galen malformation for whom treatment was not attempted because of...
- Results of Thrombectomy in Iliofemoral DVT. Eklof, Bo // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1997, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p314
Discusses the results of a study on thrombectomy in iliofemoral deep-vein thrombosis. Efficiency of thrombolysis; Diagnosis and preoperative preparation; Performance of surgery under intubation anesthesia.
- How to manage bleeding in newborns. Edelson, Maureen; McKenzie, Steven E. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Jan2001, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p80
Presents information on how to manage bleeding in newbons. Recommended approach to evaluating the clinical presentation of the neonate with bleeding; Information which must be obtained before ordering any laboratory tests; Appropriate screening studies for infants with bleeding.
- Removal of a Gï¿½nther Tulip retrievable inferior vena cava filter after 147 days in a pediatric patient. Mody, Rekha N.; Stokes, LeAnn S.; Bream Jr., Peter R.; Spottswood, Stephanie E. // Pediatric Radiology;May2006, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p440
A Gï¿½nther Tulip retrievable inferior vena cava filter was placed in a 9-year-old boy with T-cell ALL who had both iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and acute intracranial hemorrhage. The filter was removed 147 days after placement, when the patient was no longer at increased risk for...
- The Case for Aggressive (Interventional) Treatment of DVT. Rutherford, Robert B. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1997, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p297
Discusses a case for aggressive treatment of deep-vein thrombosis (DVT). Goals in managing lower extremity DVT; Treatment of DVT with anticoagulant therapy; Recanalization rate and prognosis of iliofemoral venous thrombosis.
- Acute Iliofemoral DVT: Results of Ambulatory Treatment. Partsch, Hugo // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1997, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p307
Discusses the results of a study on an ambulatory treatment of acute iliofemoral deep-vein thrombosis (DVT). Assessment of the risk of pulmonary embolism (PE) in patients with DVT; Incidence rates for PE; Information on the clinical characteristics of patients.