- Royal Palace Kitchen Restored after 100 Years. Lim A-young // Korea Focus;2015, p43
The article focuses on the renovation of the royal palace kitchen of Joseon Dynasty located in South Korea.
- Selling your furniture (and more) at auction. Weinstein, Sheryl // Good Housekeeping;Sep93, Vol. 217 Issue 3, p237
Discusses the option of disposing household goods at auction. Determining the value of the goods; Finding an auction house; Arranging for the goods to be auctioned. INSET: Fast facts (your guide to what's happening)..
- Going, going, gone. Poe, Andrea // Country Living;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p130
Focuses on bidding made at Dixon's Furniture Auction in the United States.
- Goodbye, Million-Dollar Starter Home. Hello, Half-Million-Dollar Teardown. Cavanaugh, Tim // Hit & Run;4/22/2012, p1
The article discusses an auction of a two-bedroom, one-bath palace in Los Angeles, California.
- Peers condemn plans to sell bishops' palaces. Sharpe, Emily // Art Newspaper;May2011, Issue 224, p27
The article reports on the debates conducted by the House of Lords in London, England on how to handle England's Episcopal palaces, including the Auckland Castle, which is planned to be sold by the Church Commissioners through a public auction as of May 2011.
- Russian royal furniture withdrawn from auction. Varoli, John // Art Newspaper;Jun2009, Vol. 18 Issue 203, p63
The article reports on the withdrawal of a set of furniture that belongs to the Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg, Russia from the planned auction by Bukowskis in Helsinki, Finland on May 14, 2009. It says that the withdrawal was done following a threat made by a consignor to initiate legal...
- Letting go. Sheftalovich, Zoya // Choice;Mar2012, p24
The article focuses on online auction of things in Australia that are no longer needed at home. It mentions that eBay Inc. spokesperson Jenny Thomas states that seller can do several things to maximise their final price wherein she recommends to put as much written content in the list, mention...
- Bidding high. Carlo, Andrew M. // Home Channel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on the competition of online auction houses in the home improvement market. Annual sales of eBay Inc.; Increase in sales of Home & Garden; Success of eBay.
- Records Made at Landmark Nakashima Sale. Solis-Cohen, Lita // Maine Antique Digest;Apr2007, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p1
A list of furniture items sold at the "New Life for the Noble Tree" auction held at Sotheby's Auction House in New York City is presented. The items were from the collection of Dr. Arthur and Evelyn Krosnick of furniture done by George and Mira Nakashima for three of their homes. Among the items...
- Bruce Kalbacher, Period Picks Antiques, Schodack Landing, New York. Donegan, Frank // Maine Antique Digest;Feb2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on Bruce Kalbacher, who owns the Period Picks shop antiques and furniture business, located in Schodack Landing, New York. He offers his items at prices that are below what might be paid for a new furniture. He talks on the history of his business and how it was...