Award has designs on practicality
- NAD review leads to Oreck ad changes. // Advertising Age;11/18/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 47, p59
The article reports on the decision by Oreck Corp. to modify advertising claims for its Oreck XL hotel vacuum cleaner in the United States. This was after a review by the National Advertising Division of the Council for Better Business Bureaus. According to the Division, Oreck's demonstration...
- VACUUM CLEANERS. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2002, p112
Features the types of vacuum cleaners. Price of vacuum cleaners in the market; Assessment of the additional features; Attachments for dusting brush.
- WET/DRY VACUUMS. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2002, p114
Features the wet and dry model of a vacuum cleaner. Specification of canister size Variation of motor power; Cost of high-efficiency cartridge filter.
- DYSON DC23TURBINHEAD VACUUM. // Better Homes & Gardens;May2010, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p218
The article offers information on the Dyson DC23 Turbinhead Vacuum.
- Clean Sweep. Henkenius, Merle // Popular Mechanics;Sep2001, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p90
Presents instructions on installing a central vacuum cleaning system. Advantages of a central vacuum; Basic components of a central vacuum system; How to install wall inlets.
- Vacuum Cleaners. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2000, p103
Presents a buying guide for vacuum cleaners sold in the United States. INSET: Avoiding Vacuum Repairs.
- In Search of Central Vacuums. Bock, Gordon // Old House Journal;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p62
Provides a historical background of a central vacuum cleaner.
- MAKING A CLEAN BREAK. Adams, Kim // Auto Express;2/27/2013, Issue 1257, p74
The article offers brief information on several garage vacuum cleaners including the Fein Dustex 25, Numatic George GVE 370-2, and the Vac King 20 Litre Wet & Dry Stainless Steel Vacuum Cleaner.
- AROUND THE HOUSE. Dalgleish, Sharon // How Things Work;2003, p4
There are many appliances used in homes that have made our life easier. Cooking food has become an easier task these days by the use of microwave ovens. A vacuum cleaner pulls up dust and dirt through a flexible hose and traps it inside the machine.