- Who Pays for Stoppage in Transit? Barrett, Colin // Traffic World;4/9/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 14, p38
The article presents questions and answers related to astronomy. One person asks about the control of shipment and liability for detention in a collect shipment transaction. Another questions about who is responsible to pay for the major shortage of raw material from a major supplier in delivery...
- Set The Gears In Motion. // Food Logistics;Winter2003 Supplement, p7
Provides information on the trends and forces that will shape the warehouse industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Feasibility of consolidated operations; Use of point of sale information to aid store level forecasting; Problems created by global market expansion; Importance of crossdocking...
- Not just for containers. Dan Lang // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);7/07/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 27, p20
Reports on the increasing use of transloading for bulk shipments in the U.S. Steps in transloading of import containers; Types of transloading; Transloading activity in 2002.
- Results of the JoC Pulse. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/7/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p10
The article presents the results of a survey of employees on whether their companies consider the use of carbon footprint when choosing shipping options conducted by "The Journal of Commerce" in the U.S. in 2008.
- EUROPE'S TOP TRUCK, AND VAN, WILL BE IN CM FIRST! // Commercial Motor;10/16/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5050, p10
Provides information on the 2003 International Van and Truck of the Year awards at the RAI International Road Transport show in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Criteria considered for the awards; Warning issued by the Transport & General Workers Union; Perils of overnight parking in Great Britain.
- LEAN MANADÅ½MENT U NEPROIZVODNOJ ORGANIZACIJI. Žvorc, Mladen // Ekonomski Vjesnik;2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p695
This paper examines the possibilities of a lean approach to non-manufacturing functions, i.e. a market-oriented organization. This refers to purchasing, shipment, storage, sale and delivery of goods; marketing, etc. A lean approach to business operations is discussed and several lean business...
- Fastest. Order. Ever. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Feb2007, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p56
The article focuses on the efficiency of the holiday delivery of the VillageShoes.com Web site. A staffer from the periodical "Multichannel Merchant" placed an order on December 18, 2006 at about 3:15 in the afternoon with the company's free standard delivery. The staffer received a confirmation...
- Shipments rise 3% in November. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;2/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the increase in the shipments of furniture from various furniture makers in the U.S. in November 2005. The increase was about 3 percent compared to the October 2005 shipments. According to executive Ken Smith, the increase in the shipments was relative to the furniture...
- Guidelines for Smart Shippers. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;Feb2006, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p17
Suggests that packaging engineers and professionals who involved in materials shipping and packaging to download from the Internet the guidelines for small parcel shipments developed by the Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP). Information on the IoPP; Significance of the document;...