New ways to hide
- Furniture stays on the sidelines. // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2004, Issue 5393, p8
Focuses on the productivity of the football concept of furniture manufacture in Great Britain. Contribution of this productivity on the slowdown in retail spending; Impact of retail spending on the economy; Need for retailers to keep in mind that customers tend to buy replacements of damaged...
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p31
Reports on updates in the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- PLUNKETT: EXPANDING THE OPTIONS. Dockery, Alfred // Furniture/Today;3/14/2005 Supplement, Vol. 29, p16
Reports that Plunkett Home Furnishings, a Chicago-based, family-owned, upholstery manufacturer, has increased the number of leather styles, price points and vendors in its stores as the category becomes more price-competitive with fabric. Comment of Dan Plunkett, executive vice president of the...
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p35
Presents miscellaneous information related to the furniture industry and retail trade, as of September 3, 2004. Chairs offered by MFR Foamtex; Plans of upholstery manufacturer Mitchell Gold for the White House furniture, in the event of John Kerry's victory; Fund raising for the Anthony Nolan Trust.
- Retro, glam designs grab attention in upholstery. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;1/4/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p34
In this article the author discusses trends related to upholstery in the furniture industry. He comments on the choice of corduroy as an upholstery material among furniture designers and observes that it reflected the trends of the 1970's. He informs that Diamond Head company has introduced a...
- Hidden agenda. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p16
Features various storage furnitures in Great Britain. Description of W, Schillig's storage footstool; Distinct features of CDiva's Kombod CD and DVD storage system designed by Claude Divanach; Usability of Artenciel's Paris-Tokyo coffee table.
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;5/21/2004, Issue 5389, p10
Features furniture and house furnishings available in Great Britain. Kitchen furniture from Burbidge; Rattan chairs from Kiani's Pacific collection; Skopos Zodiac collection; White & Newton's Elm Grove dining collection.
- From nursery to college, Tupelo has it covered. // Kids Today;Feb2005, p50
Introduces furniture products for your children and teenagers. Identification of the companies that offer these products; Retail prices; Product descriptions.
- A treasure house of unusual items. Lieberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/12/2004, Issue 323216, p17
Features the Pelican's Treasures, a specialty gift store that sell unusual items, owned by Tim Parker and Miguel Martinez in Fresno, California. Partner's history of selling; Goals of the partners; Sales offices; Items offered; Challenges of furniture stores.