- LUMINANCE DISTRIBUTION OVER THE FIRMAMENT: TAKING IT INTO ACCOUNT WHEN DESIGNING NATURAL ILLUMINATION FOR BUILDING. Solovyov, Alexei K. // Light & Engineering;2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p59
Since the beginning of the twentieth century several generations of light engineers designing natural illumination for building, have studied luminance distribution over the firmament. The researchers understood that luminance distribution directly influences light illuminance distribution...
- LIGHT PRODUCTS. // Lighting Design & Application;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p83
Presents information on various lighting products. Firefly solar-powered garden lights from Allsop; Compact fluorescent downlights and wallwashers from Indy Lightings; Industrial High Bay lights from LSI Industries.
- Generalization of the unified glare rating method: a proposal and laboratory test. Sendrup, P. // Lighting Research & Technology;Dec2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p243
The applicability of the unified glare rating (UGR) method is limited to interior lighting systems, with small and well-defined glare sources. The basic hypothesis of the method is to divide the visual field into a background and a number of glare sources. The distinction between background and...
- Quarterback's steakhouse steeped in low-impact lighting. Currimbhoy, Nyana // Architectural Record;Aug1999, Vol. 187 Issue 8, p155
Discusses the application of low-impact lighting on the design of the Brett Favre Steak House in Milwaukee. Juxtaposition of fabrics, leather, and cherry woods against brick and stone surfaces; Lighting emphasis on stone and brick to define spaces; Multilevel dimming signal-wire control system;...
- Design: LIGHTING. Gunter, Heather // Hotel & Motel Management;3/20/2006, Vol. 221 Issue 5, p30
The article provides information on the different lighting techniques in hotels. One of the approaches to hotel lighting design is the layered approach. This involves three layers: (1) concealed fluorescent cove lighting which is often chosen to provide an overall ambient level; (2) decorative...
- what's new in gear. Sandberg-Dierson, Marian // Lighting Dimensions;Nov2004, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p12
Presents several new lighting gears. Features of Elektralite's Elektric Eye; Physical description of the double-ended lamps developed by Philips Lighting Co.; Specifications of Holo-Floors, a holographic floor system developed by Holo-Walls LLC.
- Fear Factor on the Fudge Factors. Paulin, Doug // Lighting Design & Application;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the techniques applied by lighting designers in applying and installing photometric lighting results. Difference in professional illumination calculation results between square-luminaire photometrics and round luminaire; Factors to consider in creating prorated photometrics for...
- Keeping up with the Trends. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2005, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on strategies to stay updated with new design and trends in lighting design. Establish good relations with business partners; Use of online information resources; Essentiality of one-on-one meetings with local lighting sales representatives.
- Don't forget holiday lighting. // NMPRO - Nursery Management & Production;Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p94
Introduces professional holiday lighting installation as the fastest-growing industry in the U.S. Lighting condition in the country; Functions of holiday lighting.