Is there a future for agents?
- Offshore companies and trusts--what groundrules now? Garland, Mike // Accountancy;Feb1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1086, p93
Reports on the British government's plan to introduce legislation in the Finance Bill against offshore companies and trusts. Stricter enforcement of existing legislation; Role of offshore companies and trusts in tax planning.
- Slow but sure success for UK firms at High Point. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;04/23/99, Issue 5135, p2
Reports on the participation of British furniture manufacturers at a furniture trade show in North Carolina. Competitiveness of British furniture makers; Keys to British companies' success in the American market; Response to British furniture among American consumers.
- Fabric biz becomes cosmopolitan. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;01/01/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p29
Comments on developments related to the furniture industry in the United States as of January 1, 2001. Increase in presence of foreign-based fabric companies; Implications for U.S.-based furniture companies.
- Public companies with an interest in South Africa. // Black Enterprise;May95, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p83
Lists American public companies that have an interest in South Africa. Includes American Express; American Telephone and Telegraph Co.; Citicorp.
- Business news. // Chinatown News;4/1/96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p34
Reports on Chinese business developments in Canada as of April 1996. Includes news on the unveiling of Hong Kong Telecom's Vancouver switch center; Deal clinched by the Asian financed Delta Hotels and Resorts with Allied Holdings to run the hotel in the complex at Hastings and Simon Fraser...
- Should you work for a foreign company? // Management Review;Mar82, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p33
Offers advice to Americans considering a position with the United States subsidiary of a foreign company.
- Inversions Off The Agenda. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
Criticizes the corporate inversions legislation that affected U.S. companies in the Bermuda Islands. Evaluation on the impact of tax code on U.S.-based and foreign-based companies; Failure of the U.S. Congress to pass a law against corporate inversions.
- Following the rules for growth. D'Allant, Thierry // Advertising Age;3/17/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p28
Presents a list of rules that a company should comply with if it plans to expand operations overseas. The importance of taking advantage of opportunity; Communicating in the local language; Adapting a brand to each market; Aggressiveness; Research; Importance of testing a brand; The bottom line.
- Brits in the USA. Tan, Mark // Management Today;Oct98, p76
Reports on British businesses operating in the United States. Allure of the US to British business; UK investment in the US; Entry into the US market through acquisitions and mergers; Effect of cultural and economic differences; Keys to success.