Shunt Thrombosis Prevention in Hemodialysis Patients -- A Double-Blind, Randomized Study: Pentoxifylline vs Placebo
- Treatment of Hemodialysis Access Failure: A Role for Thrombolysis. Sands, Jeffrey J.; Miranda, Carol L. // Clinical & Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis;Summer1996, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p164
Thrombosis of hemodialysis accesses remains a major source of morbidity, hospitalization, and expense for patients with end-stage renal disease. Treatment of hemodialysis accesses includes strategies to prevent access failure and methods for treating acute thromboses. Such techniques as Doppler...
- Tailoring the initial vascular access for dialysis patients. Konner, Klaus; Hulbert-Shearon, Tempie E.; Roys, Erik C.; Port, Friedrich K. // Kidney International;Jul2002, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p329
Tailoring the initial vascular access for dialysis patients. Background. Creating a functioning initial arteriovenous (AV) access for aging and diabetic end-stage renal disease (ESRD) hemodialysis patients has been a challenge. Methods. This study describes 748 consecutive primary AV access...
- A Preliminary Experience with the Human Homologous Vein Graft for Vascular Access. Gecim, I. E.; Ward, R. G.; Bakran, A.; Aikawa, A.; Sells, R. A. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1996, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p395
In a preliminary study, 38 preserved human homologous saphenous vein grafts were used for secondary vascular access in 36 chronic hemodialysis patients. Cumulative one-year patency was 67%. Twelve grafts failed, 10 owing to thrombosis and 2 owing to infection. Overall complication rate,...
- Recanalization Occurs in Many Cases of SVS. // Kidney;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p73
Presents an abstract of the study 'Subclavian vascular access stenosis in dialysis patients: Natural history and risk factors,' by D. Hernandez, F. Diaz, M. Rufino, et al.
- Clinical Educators Network nursing recommendations for management of vascular access in hemodialysis patients. Thomas, Alison // CANNT Journal;Jul-Sep2006 Suppleme, Vol. 16, p18
A quiz on the management of vascular access in hemodialysis patients is presented.
- Chronic hemodialysis in infants and children under 2 years of age. Shroff, Rokshana; Wright, Elizabeth; Ledermann, Sarah; Hutchinson, Carol; Rees, Lesley // Pediatric Nephrology;Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p378
Presents a paper on chronic hemodialysis in infants and children under two years of age. Incidence of problems with vascular access in children; Causes of line infection; Limitations to the effectiveness of chronic hemodialysis.
- Vascular access use in Europe and the United States: Results from the DOPPS. Pisoni, Ronald L.; Young, Eric W.; Dykstra, Dawn M.; Greenwood, Roger N.; Hecking, Erwin; Gillespie, Brenda; Wolfe, Robert A.; Goodkin, David A.; Held, Philip J. // Kidney International;Jan2002, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p305
Vascular access use in Europe and the United States: Results from the DOPPS.. Background: A direct broad-based comparison of vascular access use and survival in Europe (EUR) and the United States (US) has not been performed previously. Case series reports suggest that vascular access practices...
- Molecular Therapies for Vascular Access. Lawson, Jeffrey H. // Vascular;Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 13, pS82
The article considers molecular therapies for vascular access. The population of patients in the U.S. requiring hemodialysis for renal replacement therapy, including the annual cost of the procedure is given. It is claimed that access graft failures results in significant morbidity and increased...
- ANTICOAGULATION ON DIALYSIS. // Clinical Advisor;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p52
The article presents an answer to a question related to ensuring that hemo- or peritoneal dialysis patients maintain therapeutic anticoagulation while on warfarin therapy for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or hypercoaguable states.