BEDSIDE SCREENING FOR VENOUS THROMBOSIS USING OCCLUSIVE IMPEDANCE PHLEBOGRAPHY
- Impedance Phlebography for the Diagnosis of Venous Thrombosis. Urzică, Denise; Dorohoi, Dana-Ortansa // AIP Conference Proceedings;2007, Vol. 899 Issue 1, p827
We used a noninvasive diagnostic technique, occlusive cuff impedance phlebography (IPG) for the diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis. Eleven patients were examined by IPG with overall diagnostic accuracy of 95% sensitivity, 81% â€” specificity. Nine patients had symptoms suggestive of deep...
- Noninvasive Evaluation of Peripheral Arterial Disease. Barnes, Robert W. // Angiology;Aug1978, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p631
Doppler ultrasound is the most simple, inexpensive, accurate and versatile of the available noninvasive screening techniques to assess peripheral vascular disease. The four fundamental components of peripheral arterial evaluation with this technique are assessment of blood velocity signal,...
- Transcutaneous PO[sub2] Response to Transient Arterial Occlusion in Peripheral Vascular Disease Detected by Heating Power Oximeter. Frau, Giuseppe // Angiology;Dec2001, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p851
Evaluates the transcutaneous PO[sub 2] response to transient arterial occlusion in peripheral vascular disease. Mean values of the rest flow and recovery area; Observation on the delayed appearance of PO[sub 2]; Findings on the perfusion in severe peripheral arterial obstructive disease.
- An Overview on Peripheral Vascular Disease in Blackfoot Disease--Hyperendemic Villages in Taiwan. Chin-Hsiao Tseng // Angiology;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p529
The arsenic-related peripheral vascular disease found to be endemic along the southwestern coast of Taiwan is reviewed. In the early 20th century a strange disease involving the lower extremities characterized by typical clinical symptoms and signs of progressive arterial occlusion was reported...
- Reliability of noninvasive DVT tests. DiLoreto, Stacy // Patient Care;Apr2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p76
Discusses the reliability of noninvasive deep venous thrombosis (DVT) tests. Shortcomings of ultrasonography, the diagnostic test of choice for DVT; Results of the test within 48 hours of venography in several patients with suspected DVT; Recommendation on the diagnosis of acute symptomatic DVT.
- Arterial Compromise Caused by Lower Limb Osteochondroma. Andrikopoulos, Vassilios; Skourtis, Georgios; Papacharalambous, Gerasimos; Antoniou, Ioannis; Tsolias, Konstantinos; Panoussis, Panagiotis // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;May/Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p185
Osteochondromas occasionally cause arterial complications, mainly concerning the distal superficial femoral and popliteal arteries. The authors present 11 patients (12 cases) with arterial disorders caused by exostoses who were hospitalized in their Vascular Clinic. All but 1 had signs or...
- A PRACTICAL SYSTEMATIC LABORATORY APPROACH TO THE STUDY OF THE PERIPHERAL CIRCULATION. Karpman, Harold L.; Payne, J. Howard; Winsor, Travis // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug60, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p306
Describes a practical laboratory approach to the study of peripheral vascular functions as aid in the diagnosis and treatment of the peripheral vascular diseases. Vasolidating procedures; Routine measurements; Differentiation of functional iron from organic occlusive arterial disease.
- The effect of IL-6 -174 G/C polymorphism on adiponectin and IL-6 Levels in peripheral vascular disease. Salmayenli, N.; Özkök, E.; Basar, Y. // Proceedings of the Physiological Society;2013, p405P
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) is a chronic disease and is also an atherosclerotic process. It causes occlusion and stenosis of the lower extremity arteries. Inflammation plays a role in pathogenesis and complications of atherosclerosis. It is known that elevated levels of high sensitivity...
- RECURRING SUPERFICIAL THROMBOPHLEBITIS. Lynn, R. B. // Angiology;Aug1953, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p374
Seven cases of recurring superficial thrombophlebitis have been reported. The features of the condition have been briefly reviewed and its association with thromboangiitis obliterans and visceral carcinoma has been re-emphasized. The cause of this form of thrombophlebitis is unknown and...