New legislation puts a spanner in kitchen works
- Oklahoma Adopts 2014 NEC. // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;10/1/2015, p1
The article reports that the Oklahoma Uniform Building Code Commission has completed the rulemaking process to adopt the 2014 edition of the National Electrical Code effective November 1, 2015.
- California Regulatory Update. Boesenberg, Alex // Electroindustry;May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p5
The article provides an update on various electrical regulations in California. The proposed amendments to Title 20 for Battery Chargers and Self-Contained Lighting Controls have been passed by the California Energy Commission in January 2012. The effectivity date for consumer products will be...
- Appliance Efficiencies Impact Building Energy Consumption. Peterson, Kent W. // Appliance Design;Sep2010, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p44
The article discusses the need for the appliance and building industries to collaborate to reduce overall building energy consumption. It describes how appliances such as computers, televisions and chargers consume energy even when not in use but left plugged in. The impact of so-called phantom...
- Stumped by the Code? Holt, Mike // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Sep2000, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p66
Answers queries related to the National Electrical Code in the United States. Bonding of grounded conductor to the equipment grounding conductor on the secondary side of the transformer; Prohibition of the installation of switches within the wet location of a tub, shower space, or hydromassage...
- Tune In to the Requirements of Art. 820. Holt, Mike // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec2003, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p42
Focuses on the provisions included in Article 820 or the television and cable television installation. Definition of point of entry in cable installation; Consideration for attachments and cable arrangement; Coax sheat grounding.
- What's Wrong Here? Tedesco, Joe // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jun2004, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p60
Asks readers to identify the code violation in a photograph showing faulty electrical work by an electrician. Location of the AC supply.
- Inside Wind Load Installation Requirements for Generating Systems. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jun2010, Vol. 109 Issue 6, pC2
The article explores the importance of installing and mounting enclosure for power system equipment to withstand unpredictable weather conditions in the U.S. It cites some essential installation guidelines to ensure the equipment remains connected to the foundation. It states that power system...
- Questions, Answers and More. Becker, Linda // Process Heating;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "9 Oven Questions, 9 Oven Answers," by Hans Melgaard, chief technical officer of Despatch Industries Inc., "Spare Care," by John B. Clarke, president of Diamond Engineering Co. and some practical guidelines for selecting...
- q&a. // Timber Home Living;Apr2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p24
The article provides an answer to a question on energy-efficient appliances.