- Disappointing second quarter sales. // Cabinet Maker;10/3/2003, Issue 5358, p5
Reports on the decline in the sales of furniture and furnishings market in Great Britain. Revision of the figures of the National Statistics for the first quarter; Decline suffered by the household textiles market; Sales performance of floor coverings.
- Furniture lifts inflation. // Cabinet Maker;3/23/2007, Issue 5530, p4
The article reports that the annual furniture retail price has lifted inflation in Great Britain. The retail price jumped from 2.5 percent to 3.3 percent in February 2007. The National Statistics stated that furnishings inflation has increased from 0.1 percent to 1.3 percent. It is said that the...
- Furniture discounts prompt inflation fall. // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2007, Issue 5551, p3
The article reports on a survey addressing furniture discounts in Great Britain in July 2007. According to the British National Statistics, record furniture price cuts in the month have led to a drop in inflation. A major downward contribution came from furniture and furnishings, with average...
- New values. // Cabinet Maker;10/3/2003, Issue 5358, p5
Reports that the revised figures from the National Statistics have seen changes to the annual value of sales for the furniture and furnishings, household textiles and floor coverings market in Great Britain. Growth of the furniture and furnishings market; Percentage of increase in household...
- Furniture inflation up again. // Cabinet Maker;11/16/2007, Issue 5564, p3
The article presents facts related to inflation for the furnishings sector released by the Great Britain National Statistics as of October 2007. It states that inflation for the furniture industry increased by 2.5% in October, completing the fourth consecutive monthly increase. The inflation...
- Case goods prices expected to rise. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p204
Reports on the effect of the increased costs for labor, raw materials and fuel on prices of wood furniture. Prices of the Esprit and Precedence collections in Pennsylvania House; Increase of the capacity and delivery infrastructure for Asian producers; Business conditions of the Fine Furniture...
- Aktrin predicts modest growth for Canada. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p82
Predicts the growth of spending on household furniture in Canada by Aktrin Furniture Information Center. Factors contributing to the increasing number of household furniture; Prospects for the Canadian furniture market; Increase in the price index of household furniture.
- Imports taking ever larger slice of UK furniture market. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/15/2003, Issue 5351, p8
Reports on the sales performance from imported furniture products from 2002 to 2003 according to Great Britain's National Statistics. Value of retail prices from domestic furniture market; Growth in imports of products; Ranking of import sectors.
- Rate rise could sour August boost. // Cabinet Maker;9/22/2006, Issue 5506, p6
The article reports that growth in furniture and lighting sales for August 2006 rose by five percent compared with the same period in the previous year in Great Britain. The increase in trade will be a boost for the industry as furniture and lighting did well compared with household goods as a...