Latrofa goes it alone with Due Linee Italia
- Loews to Buy Washington's Madison Hotel in Expansion Plan. // Lodging Hospitality Exclusive Insight;12/4/2012, p3
The article reports on the move by Loews Corp.'s hotel division to acquire the 356-room Madison Hotel in Washington as part of its expansion in key markets and resort areas.
- Aviva sells stake in Spanish insurance business for Â£494m. Selby, Tom // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);12/19/2012, p10
The article reports on Aviva's decision to sell its 50 percent stake in Aseval, part of its Spanish insurance operation, to Bankia for 494 million British pounds.
- Jubilee Platinum is to sell non-Platinum ferroalloy and power plant assets, Middleburg smelter. // African Business News;6/ 4/2013, p30
The article reports on the plan of Jubilee Platinum PLC to sell the non-Platinum ferroalloy and power plant assets at its Middleburg smelter for US$14 million.
- More buy-ins. // Accountancy;Aug1995, Vol. 116 Issue 1224, p60
This article reports on the increase in the number of total deal value of buyouts and buyins in the first half of 1995 in Great Britain, according to the figures released by Centre for Management Buyout Research. The deal size continues to increase although the number of completions fell by...
- Finsbury Foods on the hunt for acquisitions after free-from sale. // Grocer;3/30/2013, p9
The article reports on the plan by cake maker Finsbury Foods, a food products manufacturer based in Great Britain, to make acquisitions following its sale of free-from business to Genius Foods, the Edinburgh, Scotland-based gluten-free bakery.
- Design, service key in uph. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/31/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p30
Focuses on the plans of the upholstery industry in the United States. Improvement of customer service; Enhancement of inventory control; Evolution of upholstery products.
- Global sofa supplier revamps its UK service model. // Cabinet Maker;7/26/2013, Issue 5846, p5
The article reports that global upholstery manufacturer HTL will end its wholesale market service in Great Britain this autumn to focus on a full and direct container business.
- Managerial shareholdings, firm value, and acquired corporations. Halpern, Paul; Kieschnick, Robert; Rotenberg, Wendy // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Sep2005, Vol. 45 Issue 4/5, p781
Abstract: Prior research on the relationship between managerial shareholdings and firm value provides conflicting evidence. We take a different approach to its analysis and focus on managerial shareholdings in acquired firms. We argue that in a relatively unfettered market for corporate control,...
- Crunch opportunities knock. Byrne, Matt // Lawyer;10/6/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p13
The article reports on the implication of the acquisition of the struggling firm Thelen by 22 lawyers in Great Britain. Because of rescue effort made by barristers, the company got significantly bigger. These lawyers comprise of those coming from Washington D.C., San Francisco, California and...