ENLARGEMENT OF THE SUPERIOR THYROID ARTERY: AN UNUSUAL CAUSE FOR A CERVICAL BRUIT
- BUERGER'S SYNDROME. Herman, Bernard E. // Angiology;Nov1975, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p713
All cases diagnosed as Buerger's disease at The Mount Sinai Hospital from 1933-1963 have been reviewed. A large majority were found to have well-known vascular problems other than what we now consider as Buerger's disease. Only two specimens from 33 amputations had the characteristic histologic...
- Efficacy and Safety of Pentoxifylline in Geriatric Patients with Intermittent Claudication. Crowder, John E.; Cohn, Jay B.; Savitsky, J. Philip; Morgan, DeAnn L.; Slywka, Joseph; Cobert, Barton L.; Hryniewicki, Stephen W.; Piccirillo, Ronald T.; Wilcox, Charles S. // Angiology;Sep1989, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p795
The effects of pentoxifylline on intermittent claudication were evaluated at a dose of 1200 mg/day in an open-label twelve-week study on geriatric patients with chronic occlusive arterial disease (COAD). Standardized treadmill testing and clinical signs and symptoms of COAD were followed up...
- Buerger's Disease in Two Brothers: Iliac Artery Occlusion by Thromboangiitis Obliterans. Wysokinski, Waldemar E.; Kwiatkowska, Wieslawa; Maslowski, Leszek; Witkiewicz, Wojciech; Kowal-Gierczak, Barbara // Angiology;May1998, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p409
Several characteristics of thromboangiitis obliterans are unique and confirm the existence of the disease as a distinct pathological entity. Its predilection for young smoking males, peripheral type of vascular involvement, recurrences of superficial thrombophlebites, and typical...
- Successful Intravenous Regional Sympathetic Blockade (Bier's Block) with Guanethidine and Lidocaine in a Patient with Advanced Buerger's Disease (Thromboangiitis Obliterans) A Case Report. Paraskevas, Kosmas I.; Trigka, Aikaterini A.; Samara, Maria // Angiology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p493
A 65-year-old man, a heavy smoker with Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), presented to this department with persistent severe ischemic rest pain at the fingers of his right hand, not responding to oral treatment with vasodilators and analgesics. Critical blood flow was discovered in...
- Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger's Disease): Searching for a Therapeutic Strategy. Paraskevas, Kosmas I.; Liapis, Christos D.; Briana, Despina D.; Mikhailidis, Dimitri P. // Angiology;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p75
Treatment of thromboangiitis obliterans (Buerger's disease) includes both surgical and nonsurgical approaches, or a combination of both. A definite therapeutic approach has not yet been set. This article reviews the proposed therapeutic strategies and considers the advantages and disadvantages...
- The Prostacyclin Analog, Treprostinil Sodium, Provides Symptom Relief in Severe Buerger's Disease. Fernandez, Bernardo; Strootman, Deborah // Angiology;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p99
Buerger's disease (thromboangiitis obliterans or TAO) is a clinical syndrome characterized by the development of segmental thrombotic occlusions of the medium and small arteries. The primary treatment for Buerger's disease is cessation of cigarette smoking. In patients whose disease progresses...
- Update on Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger's Disease). Kirchner, Jeffrey T. // American Family Physician;3/15/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p1195
Presents a study by J.W. Olin on the current concepts of thromboangiitis obliterans, also known as Buerger's disease. Description of the study and its results; Effective treatment methods.
- thromboangiitis obliterans. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p742
An encyclopedia entry for "thromboangiitis obliterans" is presented, which is also known as Buerger's disease.
- THROMBOANGIITIS OBLITERANS IN TWO BROTHERS. Martorell, Fernando // Angiology;Aug1952, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p271
The clinical history of two thromboangiitic brothers is reported and the literature on familial thromboangiitis is reviewed.