PROGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC CONSIDERATIONS IN PURE HYPERTENSION VS HYPERTENSION AND SUPERIMPOSED ARTERIOSCLEROSIS
- NICE signals significant changes in BP guidance. // Pulse;11/5/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 43, p4
Reports on the study which found that the ASCOT trial is likely to have a significant impact on new NICE and British Hypertension Society guidelines for hypertension in Great Britain. Confirmation of the need for a wider evaluation of hypertension guidance; Improvement of the first-line therapy;...
- Treatment and prevention of hypertension: Where have we been and where are we going? Luft, Friedrich C. // Kidney International Supplement;Aug1995, Issue 50, pS-14
Explores the modality of treatment and prevention of hypertension. Identification of genes associated with blood pressure regulation and the development of hypertension; Application of diuretics and beta blockers; Influence of environmental factors on blood pressure.
- High blood pressure: The uncontrolled epidemic. // Consumer Reports on Health;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p6
Part II. Focuses on the treatment and prevention of high-blood pressure. Accuracy in the prediction of hypertensive complications through systolic pressure; Modification of life style to prevent abnormal blood flow; Effectiveness of diuretics and beta-blockers in lowering hypertension.
- Independent Nurse: Journals Watch - No evidence for combination therapy in simple hypertension. // GP: General Practitioner;5/27/2005, p93
The article focuses on the combination therapy in simple hypertension. A Great Britain review has found that although some studies have shown a reduction in blood pressure from the combination of Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor with an angiotensin receptor blocker the only one...
- Secondary hypertension. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p4
Discusses information about secondary hypertension. Kinds of hypertension; Causes of secondary hypertension; Pathophysiology of secondary hypertension; Treatment options.
- Amlodipine/benazepril combination lowered CVD morbidity, mortality by 20%. // Cardiology Today;May2008, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses research being done on the effectiveness of the combination therapy of amlodipine and benazepril in single-tablet form for the treatment of high-risk patients with hypertension. It references a study by Kenneth A. Jamerson and colleagues, presented at the 2008 American...
- A New Preparation of Nifedipine for Sublingual Application in Hypertensive Urgencies. Kürkciyan, Istepan; Sterz, Fritz; Roden, Michael; Heinz, Gottfried; Hirschl, Michael M.; Müllner, Marcus; Laggner, Anton Norbert // Angiology;Jul1994, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p629
A new preparation of nifedipine for sublingual application in hypertensive urgencies was investigated in a prospective study. Patients admitted to the Emergency Department with a persistent elevation of systolic blood pressure (SBP) greater than 190 mm Hg and/or a diastolic blood pressure (DBP)...
- Accurate Dry Weight Assessment: Reducing the Incidence of Hypertension and Cardiac Disease in Patients on Hemodialysis. // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p637
Presents a quiz on hypertension control in patients on hemodialysis. Cause of hypertension in patients with kidney disease; Factors affecting the volume of fluid loss a patient can accommodate during hemodialysis; Effect of fluid removal during ultrafiltration.
- Pediatric blood pressure guidelines get an update. // Drug Topics;6/7/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 11, p8
This article reports that the National High Blood Pressure Education Program Working Group has revised its guidelines regarding the treatment of hypertension in children and adolescents. This fourth report, which updates the group's 1996 guidelines, states that pharmacological therapy for...