THE EARLY DETECTION AND TREATMENT OF HYPERTENSION
- The case for home monitoring in hypertension. Padfield, Paul L. // BMC Medicine;2010, Vol. 8, p55
Although the assessment of cardiovascular risk in individual patients takes into account a range of risk factors, the diagnosis and management of hypertension (high blood pressure) is largely determined by a single numerical value, albeit that often several readings are taken over time. Given...
- JNC 7 one year later: Experts confirm, challenge its findings. Alexander, Walter // Drug Topics;7/26/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 14, p17
This article reports that recommendations of the Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC 7) were both supported and questioned in separate presentations at the American Society of Hypertension's 19th Annual...
- Treatment and prevention of hypertension: Where have we been and where are we going? Luft, Friedrich C. // Kidney International Supplement;Aug1995, Issue 50, pS-14
Explores the modality of treatment and prevention of hypertension. Identification of genes associated with blood pressure regulation and the development of hypertension; Application of diuretics and beta blockers; Influence of environmental factors on blood pressure.
- Further validation that claims data are a useful tool for epidemiologic research on hypertension. Tessier-Sherman, Baylah; Galusha, Deron; Taiwo, Oyebode A.; Cantley, Linda; Slade, Martin D.; Kirsche, Sharon R.; Cullen, Mark R. // BMC Public Health;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: The practice of using medical service claims in epidemiologic research on hypertension is becoming increasingly common, and several published studies have attempted to validate the diagnostic data contained therein. However, very few of those studies have had the benefit of using...
- NICE signals significant changes in BP guidance. // Pulse;11/5/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 43, p4
Reports on the study which found that the ASCOT trial is likely to have a significant impact on new NICE and British Hypertension Society guidelines for hypertension in Great Britain. Confirmation of the need for a wider evaluation of hypertension guidance; Improvement of the first-line therapy;...
- Advances in Prostacyclin Therapy for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Eells, Patricia L. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on the developments in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) treatment as of April 2004. Description of PAH; Reclassification of pulmonary hypertension; Other forms of pulmonary hypertension as described in the World Health Organization proposals.
- On Improving Hypertension Treatment Success. Covit, Andrew B. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jan2005, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p19
The article discusses optimal clinical management of hypertension. Analysis of the hypertensive population of more than 50 million people in the United States exhibited an embarrassing decrease in the number of those who received a diagnosis and therapeutic intervention and subsequently achieved...
- Hypertension -- 1978. Davidov, Michael E. // Angiology;Apr1978, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p261
Comments on developments in hypertension in the U.S. as of 1978. New treatment approaches; Statistics on people suffering from the disease; Increase in the number of young patients.
- How I... made sure hypertension guidelines did not cost us quality points. Wood, John // Pulse;4/16/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p57
Explains how the author's practice follows both the British Hypertension Society (BHS) and National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines while also achieving maximum quality points. Debate about the BHS and NICE hypertension guidelines; Development of the GMS hypertension register;...