CLINICAL STUDIES OF NORPACE (Part III)
- PAPAVERINE AS AN ANTIARRHYTHMIC AGENT. Whipple, Gerald H. // Angiology;Nov1977, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p737
Suggests a chain of events, originating in the clinical experience with papaverine as a vasodilating agent, which may explain the relative lack of attention paid to papaverine as an antiarrhythmic agent. Speculations and suggestions about how papaverine might best be used in antiarrhythmia...
- CONTROL OF INTRACTABLE ARRHYTHMIAS BY THE USE OF PROPRANOLOL AND CARDIAC PACING -- REPORT OF TWO CASES. leon-Sotomayor, Luis // Angiology;Dec1974, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p729
These two cases probably represent some variant of the sick sinus syndrome. In this entity the inappropriate functioning of the sinus node lead to slow and rapid dysrhythmia, although other possible factors may have also contributed to the arrhythmias. The use of the transvenous ventricular...
- Effects of Antiarrhythmic Agents on Cardiac Function. Gottdiener, John S.; DiBianco, Robert; Fletcher, Ross D. // Angiology;Apr1982, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p228
Studies the effects of antiarrhythmic agents on cardiac function. Membrane depressant agents; Cardiac effects of antiarrhythmic agents; Beta-blocking agents.
- A New Drug for Rapid Conversion of Atrial Fibrillation. DiMarco, John P. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;May2008, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p37
VERNAKALANT IS A NEW INVESTIGATIONAL ANTI-arrhythmic drug. The compound is relatively selective, blocking the early-activating potassium channel and the frequency-dependent sodium channel. Vernakalant has a half-life of two to three hours. This study evaluates the ability of intravenous...
- Selected cardiovascular agents. // Formulary;Jan2005, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p32
Presents information on selected cardiovascular agents available in the United States. Azimilide; Dronedarone; Tecadenoson; Tedisamil; Enoximone; Oxypurinol; Tolvaptan.
- FDA actions. // Neurology Alert;Feb2012 Pharmacology, p2
The article reports on drug approvals made by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the manufacture of generic a storvastatin (Lipitor) by Ranbaxy Laboratories and Prevnar 13 vaccine for adults by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals and the restriction in prescriptions of Dronedarone (Multaq), an...
- flecainide. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p523
This article presents a nursing guide to the antiarrhythmic agent flecainide. Drug information provided includes pharmacokinetics, contraindications or precautions, adverse reactions or side effects, interactions, route or dosage, and availability. Tambocor is a popular brand of the drug....
- Review rules out rosuvastatin use. // Pulse;5/3/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 17, p6
The article reports that fluvastatin and rosuvastatin should not be used in patients' routine management in Great Britain. Research shows that simvastatin was similarly effective at lower cost. This suggests that many patients who are taking atorvastatin could be changed to simvastatin. Some...
- Literature Review: CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE--DRUG USE. // Current Medical Literature: Interventional Cardiology Monitor;2004, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p52
Presents the abstracts of research papers on drugs for coronary artery disease published in various journals.