NEW MYOCARDIAL BIOPSY NEEDLE
- A Novel Polymeric Coating for Enhanced Ultrasound Visibility of Medical Devices. Tavakoli, M.; Kellar, E. J. C.; Nassiri, D.; Joseph, A. E. // Medical Device Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the results of the novel polymeric coating for enhanced ultrasound visibility of medical devices. The dynamic novel coating has been developed for precise entry and positioning of needles and accurate collection of biopsy samples. Potential application areas include...
- Depositing archived paraffin tissue core biopsy specimens in paraffin tissue microarrays using a paraffin tissue punch modified with a countersink. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Feb2007, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p206
Paraffin tissue microarrays (PTMAs) introduced by Kononen et al in 1998 have become a widely used technique in routine pathology and even more so in research. Kononen used a tissue puncher/arrayer (Beecher Instruments, Sun Prairie, WI, USA) to take paraffin tissue core biopsy specimens (PTCBs)...
- A New Single-Use Bone Marrow Biopsy Needle. Islam, Anwarul // Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p391
Provides information on a study which described a needle for taking a bone marrow biopsy sample from the posterior iliac crest. Parts of the steel instrument; Biopsy procedure; Quality of the specimens obtained with the needle.
- System ensures fluid specimen collection. Diconsiglio, John // Materials Management in Health Care;Jan2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p36
The article discusses how Jackson-Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, Tennessee standardized specimen collection with the use of patient identification system and handheld computers from BD. The system helps the hospital to ensure accuracy, proper handling and the correct number of...
- Prize-winning Robopsy poised for lung biopsy improvement. Kimball, Rob // Diagnostics & Imaging Week;6/7/2007, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p4
The article offers information on Robopsy, a remote, telerobotic needle insertion system developed by graduate students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology to assist in performing computer tomography (CT) image-guided tumor biopsy.
- CONSULTATION STAT: Solutions to those vexing problems that complicate your clinical practice. Allen, Martha L.; O'Malley, Penny // RN;Sep82, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p139
Provides solutions on several problems encountered by nurses. Steps in collecting specimen directly from the chest tube; Interpretation of analgesic orders; Reason for errors in measuring CVP readings.
- The Fast-Track Biopsy (FTB): Description of a Rapid Histology and Immunohistochemistry Method for Evaluation of Preoperative Breast Core Biopsies. Ragazzini, Teresa; Magrini, Elisabetta; Cucchi, Maria C.; Foschini, Maria P.; Eusebi, V. // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jul2005, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p247
Describes fast-track biopsy (FTB), a rapid histology and immunohistochemistry method for evaluation of preoperative breast core biopsies. Competitiveness of FTB with fine-needle (FNA) aspiration biopsy in terms of turnaround-times; Superiority of FNA over core biopsy in terms of morphologic...
- Saint Agnes touts new biopsy technology. McLain, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/27/2006, Issue 323510, p3
The article reports on the new microwave tissue processing system called Sakura Tissue-Tex Express used by Saint Agnes Medical Center for biopsy examination in Fresno, California. It is an automated tissue processor which handles up to 120 specimens per hour and operates continuously at low...
- Needle Aspiration Technique Can Subtype NSCLC. // Pulmonary Reviews;Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p22
A review of the article "Suitability of endobranchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration specimens for subtyping and genotyping of non-small cell lung cancer: a multicenter study of 774 patients," by N. Navani et al, published in the June 15, 2012 issue of the "American Journal...