- Chronic Pancreatitis: Clinical Features and Medical Management. Bank, Simmy // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1986, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p153
Discusses the clinical features and medical management of alcohol-induced pancreatitis. Clinico-pathological classification of chronic pancreatitis; Etiological, genetic and immunological factors of the disease; Clinical features of chronic pancreatitis.
- Successful treatment of acquired palmoplantar keratodermas relies on identification of the underlying aetiology. // Drugs & Therapy Perspectives;Dec2007, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p12
Acquired palmoplantar keratodermas are a group of hyperkeratosis disorders with diverse presentation. Diagnosis and treatment of the underlying aetiology is the most successful course of action. In recalcitrant or severe cases, the use of pharmacological treatments, such as keratolytics or...
- Nosebleeds. // American Family Physician;1/15/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p1
Provides information on nosebleeds. Etiologies; Treatment options; Nose care needed after treatment.
- Pubic Lice. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p510
Presents information on pubic lice. Causes; Symptoms; Treatments.
- PULMONARY ARTERIOVENOUS ANEURYSM. D'Allaines, F. // Angiology;Jun1954, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p255
Discusses cases and clinical diagnosis on pulmonary arteriovenous aneurysm. Etiology of the disease; Treatment; Clinical investigations and manifestations.
- Is It Time to Abandon the Use of Amphotericin B Bladder Irrigation? Drew, Richard H.; Arthur, Rebekah R.; Perfect, John R. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;5/15/2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p1465
In this article, we review the issues surrounding funguria and its management. With this background, the value of bladder irrigation with amphotericin B for the management of funguria is directly examined. Amphotericin B bladder irrigation is used frequently in clinical practice. Although its...
- Editorial[Hot Topic:Membrane Channels as Therapeutic Targets (Executive Editor: Jean-Claude Herve)]. Herve, Jean-Claude // Current Pharmaceutical Design;Aug2007, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p2323
The production of new molecular entities endowed with salutary medicinal properties is a formidable challenge that involves several steps and requests rational target identification, recognition and avoidance of adverse properties of therapeutics before commitment to clinical trials, monitoring...
- Neurocardiogenic Syncope. Grubb, Blair P. // New England Journal of Medicine;3/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 10, p1004
Presents a case study of the treatment of neurocardiogenic syncope in clinical settings. Discussion of syncope and its common characteristics; Potential association of neurocardiogenic syncope with predisposition to the condition; Potential causes of neurocardiogenic syncope; Description of...
- Infections - Part 2 Prostatitis, UTIs and Sinusitis. Teitelbaum, Jacob // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Dec2004, Issue 257, p114
Discusses highly effective treatments for various diseases. Symptoms of and home remedies for urinary tract infections and interstitial cystitis; Indications, treatment and causes of prostatitis; Differentiation between chronic sinusitis and acute sinusitis and its medications.