CHROMATIC AND PHOTOGRAPHIC ENHANCEMENT OF VASCULAR STUDIES
- Retinal hyperaemia-related blood vessel artifacts are relevant to automated OCT layer segmentation. Balk, L.; Mayer, M.; Uitdehaag, B.; Petzold, A. // Journal of Neurology;Mar2014, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p511
A frequently observed local measurement artifact with spectral domain OCT is caused by the void signal of the retinal vasculature. This study investigated the effect of suppression of blood vessel artifacts with and without retinal hyperaemia. Spectral domain OCT scans, centred on the optic...
- Vascular-Targeting Agent Fights AML. Breindl, Anette // BioWorld Today;9/6/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 171, p1
The article discusses research on the use of vascular targeting in fighting acute myeloid leukemia (AML). It references a study by Christoph Schliemann and colleagues, published in the September 5, 2013 issue of "Science Translational Medicine." The approach treats the disease without damaging...
- Blood vessel mapping reveals 4 new 'ZIP codes.'. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/31/2011, Vol. 21, p1429
The article reports on the discovery of four new vascular ZIP codes by a research team led by scientists from the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center after mapping a blood vessel network of the human body. According to one of the researchers Renata Pasqualini, the identification of...
- Assessment of Arterial Distensibility in Patients With Cardiac Syndrome X. Yildiz, Mustafa; Altun, Armagan; Ozbay, Gultac // Angiology;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p458
This study aims to investigate arterial distensibility by using carotid-femoral (aortic) pulse wave velocity measurements in patients with cardiac syndrome X. The authors studied 10 patients with cardiac syndrome X (mean age 49.4 Â±7.5, 39 to 67 years old, 3 men) and 10 healthy subjects (mean...
- Microvascular Luminal Volume Changes in Aged Mouse Periodontal Ligament. Sims, M. R.; Leppard, P. I.; Sampson, W. J.; Dreyer, C. W. // Journal of Dental Research;Jul1996, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p1503
Data for the microvascular bed in the aged periodontal ligament have not been established. This investigation tested the hypothesis that the luminal microvascular volume decreased in the aged ligament. Mice 35 days old and one year old were vascular-perfused and the mandibular first molar...
- Vessels Find Flexibility. Breindl, Anette // BioWorld Today;2/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 25, Special section p2
This article focuses on a study published in the January 31, 2011 online edition of the "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences" which examined how to make artificial blood vessels that express high levels of elastin.
- Blood Vessels for Lab-Grown Tissues. // USA Today Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 139 Issue 2793, p15
The article reports that researchers led by professor Jennifer West of Rice University in Houston, Texas and physiologist Mary Dickinson of Baylor College of Medicine in Waco, Texas have found a way to grow blood vessels and capillaries needed to keep tissue alive.
- Quanta. // Sciences;Nov79, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p4
Presents scientific developments in the United States as of November 1979. Effects of environmental vibrations on vision; Research on molding small blood vessels from the calcite spines; Relationship between testosterone level and age.
- EYE, EYE! // Women's Fitness;Nov2013, Issue 120, p97
The article focuses on a research by the National University of Singapore as of 2013, according to which retina gives information about the health of blood vessels in the brain, which may be beneficial for determining heart health.