RIGHT ATRIAL ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY (RA ECG) IN THE DIAGNOSIS OF RIGHT AND LEFT ATRIAL ABNORMALITIES
- DOES OT PEAK PREDICT LEFT VENTRICULAR HYPERTROPHY IN HYPERTENSIVE PATIENTS? // Heart;May2001 Supplement 1, Vol. 85, pP32
This article explores whether QT peak predict left ventricular hypertrophy in hypertensive patients. Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is an adverse prognostic factor in hypertension but echocardiography is required to diagnose LVH properly. Since it is unrealistic in economic terms to screen...
- WORK-STRESSOR TESTS AND CORONARY DISEASE. Shaftel, Norman; Shaftel, Herbert E.; Halpern, Alfred // Angiology;Oct1962, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p488
Discusses the diagnostic approaches of coronary artery disease. Tests utilized to examine the capability of electrocardiogram to detect latent impairment of the coronary circulation; Efficiency of exercise electrocardiogram test in the detection and monitoring of coronary heart disease;...
- B-type natriuretic peptide in reversible myocardial ischaemia. K Chatha // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Nov2006, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p1216
BACKGROUND: Coronary heart disease is associated with increased B-type natriuretic peptides (BNPs), and, although controversial, may cause exaggerated exercise-induced BNP secretion. We investigated BNP in relation to reversible myocardial ischaemia. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Serum N-terminal...
- High-Frequency Electrocardiography: Optimizing the Diagnosis of the Acute Myocardial Infarct with ST-Elevation. Naydenov, S.; Donova, T.; Matveev, M.; Gegova, A.; Popdimitrova, N.; Zlateva, G.; Vladimirova, D. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2007, Vol. 899 Issue 1, p819
The analysis of the received digital signal by computer microprocessor in high-frequency electrocardiography, used in our research, makes possible synthesis of vectorcardiographic images and loops, allowing improved qualitative and quantitative diagnosing of the myocardial injury. Â© 2007...
- Anomalous origin of the right coronary artery from the left sinus of Valsalva. Işılak, Zafer; Uğur, Murat; İncedayı, Mehmet; Uzun, Mehmet // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Mar2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, pE-8
The article presents the case of a 50-year-old female patient who was admitted for complaints of dizziness and blackouts. It discusses the results of electrocardiography and transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) which revealed anomalous origin of the right coronary artery from the left sinus of...
- Precordial exercise mapping: improved diagnosis of coronary artery disease. // British Medical Journal;12/9/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6152, p1596
Presents a study on surface mapping of the exercise electrocardiogram for improved diagnosis of coronary artery disease. Effects on the ST-segment occuring after exercise; Techniques of precordial surface mapping; Effect on the coronary artery.
- Exercise ECG in women: How to increase diagnostic accuracy. // Geriatrics;Oct97, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p16
Examines the importance of examining the QT dispersion (QTD) component of an exercise electrocardiogram (ECG) to accurately diagnose coronary artery disease in women, according to Ramdas G. Pai, staff cardiologist and director of echocardiography and outpatient cardiology. Results of the study...
- Electrocardiographic chest wall mapping in the diagnosis of coronary artery disease. Salmasi, A.M.; Nicolaides, A.N.; Vecht, R.J.; Hendry, W.G.; Salmasi, Sajida N.A.; Nicolaides, E.P.; Kidner, P.H.; Besterman, E.M.M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/2/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6384, p9
Discusses the important aspects of electrocardiography in the determination of coronary artery disease. Processes in chest wall mapping; Detection of coronary artery disease; Reliability of the diagnostic procedure.
- Corrigendum. // European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging;Sep2014, p955
A correction to the article "Age-related risk of major adverse cardiac eventrisk and coronary artery disease extent and severity by coronary CT angiography: results from 15 187 patients from the International Multisite CONFIRM Study", that was published in 2014 issue of the journal is presented.