THE CONSERVATIVE TREATMENT OF LYMPHEDEMA OF THE EXTREMITIES
- UNDERSTANDING THE THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES TO LYMPHEDEMA. Chavez, Carlos M. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1977, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p176
Discusses the therapeutic approaches to lymphedema. Nonsurgical treatment of lymphedema; Mechanical management of lymphedema; Surgical treatment of lymphedema.
- MY LEG JUST KEEPS ON swelling. // Woman's Day (Australian Consolidated Press);6/10/2002, p41
Discusses lymphoedema, a swelling that occurs due to a blockage of the lymph vessels. Estimated number of Australians that have lymphoedema; Efforts of model, Jessica Keating to prevent the swelling of her left leg; Causes of lymphoedema.
- Living with lymphoedema is Essex. Pollard, Tom // British Journal of Community Nursing;Oct2006, Vol. 11 Issue 10, pS14
The article discusses an author's experience of being a patient with primary lymphoedema. She was still a child when she had the earliest symptoms of the disease. When she started working as a hairdresser, her swollen legs had given her problems. She added that there should be an effort to...
- lymphedema. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1279
A definition of the term "lymphedema" is presented. The term refers to an abnormal accumulation of tissue fluid or potential lymph in the interstitial spaces. The mechanism, common causes and treatment of the condition are also discussed. The reference entry is from the "Taber's Cyclopedic...
- lymphedema praecox. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1282
A definition of the term "lymphedema praecox" is presented. The term refers to the obstruction of the lymphatic channels, producing edema, which occurs primarily in women between the ages of 10 and 25. The interstitial fluid that accumulates first appears in the feet but can travel proximally to...
- Lymphedema of the Lower Extremity: Is It Genetic or Nongenetic? Shinawi, Marwan // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov2007, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p835
Lymphedema of the lower extremities is a diagnostic challenge. Exclusion of secondary causes of limb swelling and secondary lymphedema is the initial step. Primary lymphedema is classified into idiopathic and familial (hereditary) subgroups. Hereditary lymphedema can be nonsyndromic or...
- Interventions for Lower-Extremity Lymphedema. ZOBERI, KIMBERLY; AUTEN, BETH // American Family Physician;8/15/2013, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p262A
The article discusses the effectiveness of lower-extremity lymphedema treatment. A total of 150 patients with primary or secondary unilateral lower-extremity lymphedema who underwent complete decongestive physiotherapy was evaluated by a prospective cohort study. The aforementioned treatment is...
- IDIOPATHIC LYMPHEDEMA TREATMENT WITH ADRENAL STEROIDS. Vainder, Milton // Angiology;Oct1963, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p524
It has been shown that edema fluid provides an excellent media for the proliferation of fibroblasts. In patients in whom edema has been long standing (irrespective of the etiologyï¿½but provided it was on a local basis) the results of previous forms of therapy have been legs rewarding than in...
- LYMPHEDEMA: PATHO-PHYSIOLOGIC AND CLINICAL CONCEPTS. Beninson, Joseph // Angiology;Oct1975, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p661
Looks into lymphedema. Discussion of how the disease occurs; Call for an immediate, vigorous antibiotic therapy; Use of penicillin G for patients affected with the condition.