THE MANAGEMENT OF GANGRENE IN THE EXTREMITIES
- ANGIOPATHIES IN ACROSCLEROSIS. Calvert, Rowland J.; Nardell, Sydney G.; Raeburn, Cyril // Angiology;Apr1955, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p129
A case of acrosclerosis with calcinosis (Thibiergeï¿½Weissenbach syndrome) is described. Arteriography revealed occlusion of the right femoral and left posterior tibial arteries, a feature not previously emphasized, and one warranting further study. Gangrene and profound ulceration of the...
- Peripheral Symmetrical Gangrene. Davis, Mark Denis P. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jul2004, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p914
Describes clinical characteristics of peripheral symmetrical gangrene. Physical manifestations; Conditions that could lead to peripheral symmetrical gangrene; Acral areas involved in the disease; Clinical management of the condition.
- ARTERIAL CIRCULATION IN OBLITERATIVE ARTERIAL DISEASE OF THE LIMBS. Malan, Edmundo; Puglionisi, A.; Aschieri, F.; Tattoni, G.; Malchiodi, C. // Angiology;Dec1956, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p495
Examines the arterial circulation in obliterative arterial disease of the limbs. Factors affecting the pressure of the circulating blood; Assessment on the blood flow in peripheral resistance; Importance of information on segmentary pressure with or without collateral circulation.
- CENTRAL COMMITTEE FOR THE FOLLOW-UP AND STUDY OF THE POST-PHLEBITIC LEG SYNDROME. Orbach, E. J. // Angiology;Apr1955, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p162
Focuses on the establishment of a Central Committee by the American College of Angiology to study the late therapeutic results of the post-phlebitic leg syndrome on an unbiased and international basis. Importance of the correct estimation of the value of different methods of treatment;...
- Vascular Reconstruction in Limbs with Malignant Tumors. Nishinari, Kenji; Wolosker, Nelson; Yazbek, Guilherme; Zerati, Antônio Eduardo; Nishimoto, Inês Nobuko; Penna, Valter; Lopes, Ademar // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p423
Patients with tumors in limbs who undergo surgical treatment may present involvement of major vessels. Major arteries must be reconstructed for limb salvage. Major veins may be reconstructed to avoid the onset of venous hypertension. The objective of this study is to analyze the results from...
- ARTERIAL CIRCULATION IN OBLITERATIVE ARTERIAL DISEASE OF THE LIMBS. Malan, Edmondo; G.Tattoni; Aschieri, F.; Puglionisi, A.; Malchiodi, C. // Angiology;Dec1956, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p499
Examines the arterial circulation in obliterative arterial disease of the limbs. Assessment of blood circulation time or circulation speed; Use of fluorescent substances to explore the status of the peripheral circulation; Implication for the difference in blood circulation time.
- CONGENITAL ARTERIOVENOUS FISTULAS IN THE EXTREMITIES. Coursley, Gerald; Ivins, John C.; Barker, Nelson W. // Angiology;Jun1956, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p201
Focuses on the diagnosis of several medical cases of congenital arteriovenous fistulas (CAF) in the extremities. Contention that the ulceration in the fistulous lower limb may occur as a complication of associated incompetent varicose veins and may appear in the maleoli's vicinity; Description...
- FURTHER EXPERIENCES WITH GANGRENE OF THE EXTREMITIES. Samuels, Saul S. // Angiology;Feb1959, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p57
Cites case studies on gangrene of the extremities. Effectiveness of an iodine derivative of chlorhydroxyquinoline, especially combined with the anti-inflammatory effect of hydrocortisone as an antifungal and antibacterial substance for gangrene; List of case reports involving gangrene; Emphasis...
- Processes and outcomes of care for soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities. Paszat, Lawrence; O'Sullivan, Brian; Bell, Robert; Bramwell, Vivien; Groome, Patti; MacKillop, William; Bartfay, Emma; Holowaty, Eric // Sarcoma;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p19
Purpose: A population-based cohort study of soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities (STSE) in Ontario, Canada was conducted using linked administrative databases. Methods and materials: Electronic administrative databases were linked from the Ontario Cancer Registry, the Canadian Institute for...