THE USE OF FOAM RUBBER IN THE COMPRESSION THERAPY OF THE POSTPHLEBITIC LEG
- Meditech: Role of functional textiles. Shanmugasundaram, O. L. // Indian Textile Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p71
The article discusses the medical benefits from using textile technological solutions. One of the important properties of spacer fabrics is pressure resistance. According to the author, the mechanical and microclimatological qualities ensure the use of spacer fabrics for medical textiles such as...
- SPRAY AID. Mazzuchi, Steve; Wuebben, Joe; Berg, Michael // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan2004, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p42
Evaluates the Curad Spray Bandage from Curad. Key features; Cost.
- spica. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p2043
The article presents a definition for the term "spica," which refers to a kind of bandage wrapped back and forth with spiral overlapping around parts of a joint.
- Geometry of the bandaging procedure and its application while wrapping bandages for treatment of leg ulcers. Sikka, Monica Puri; Ghosh, Subrato; Mukhopadhyay, Arunangshu // Journal of Biomedical Science & Engineering;Dec2013, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p1186
Appropriate compression bandaging is important for compression therapeutic medical diseases. The high compression approach employed for treating venous leg ulcers should be used correctly so that sufficient (but not excessive) pressure is applied. Bandages used to treat venous disease by...
- Error in calculations reported in "Wet or dry bandages for plaster back-slabs?". Knottenbelt, J. D.; Baliga, Santosh // Surgeon (Elsevier Science);Aug2013, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p233
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Wet or dry bandages for plaster back-slabs?" by Baliga S, Finlayson D in 2013 issue and a response from the authors of the article is also presented.
- Esmarch's bandage. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p809
Definitions of the term "Esmarch's bandage," which refers to a triangular bandage, or a rubber bandage used to minimize bleeding, is presented.
- spica. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2172
A reference entry for the term "spica" which refers to bandage is presented.
- Band-Aid Breakthrough. Haar, Kristina // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jul2002, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p48
Presents information on the Band-Aid Liquid Bandage.
- Compression bandaging. // Nursing Standard;11/12/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p56
A quiz concerning compression bandaging is presented.