CONTROL OF INTRACTABLE ARRHYTHMIAS BY THE USE OF PROPRANOLOL AND CARDIAC PACING -- REPORT OF TWO CASES
- CLINICAL STUDIES OF NORPACE (Part III). Kalmansohn, Robert G. // Angiology;Jan1975 Part 2, Vol. 26, p137
Examines the effectiveness of Norpace therapy among patients who had been on antiarrhythmic agents. Indications of toxicity in anticholinergic effects; Medical history of the patients; Use of oral Norpace in controlling ventricular tachycardia.
- FDA actions. // Neurology Alert;Feb2012 Pharmacology, p2
The article reports on drug approvals made by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the manufacture of generic a storvastatin (Lipitor) by Ranbaxy Laboratories and Prevnar 13 vaccine for adults by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals and the restriction in prescriptions of Dronedarone (Multaq), an...
- flecainide. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p523
This article presents a nursing guide to the antiarrhythmic agent flecainide. Drug information provided includes pharmacokinetics, contraindications or precautions, adverse reactions or side effects, interactions, route or dosage, and availability. Tambocor is a popular brand of the drug....
- procainamide. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, p874
Provides information on the antiarrhythmic agent procainamide. Indications and actions of the drug; Pharmacokinetics and side effects of the drug; Administration of the drug.
- sotalol. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, p977
Deals with the antiarrhythmic agent sotalol. Indications; Pharmacokinetics; Adverse reactions and side effects.
- moricizine. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, p708
Provides information on moricizine, an antiarrhythmic agent. Pharmacokinetics; Contraindications and precautions; Adverse reactions and side effects; Drug interactions.
- A New Drug for Rapid Conversion of Atrial Fibrillation. DiMarco, John P. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;May2008, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p37
VERNAKALANT IS A NEW INVESTIGATIONAL ANTI-arrhythmic drug. The compound is relatively selective, blocking the early-activating potassium channel and the frequency-dependent sodium channel. Vernakalant has a half-life of two to three hours. This study evaluates the ability of intravenous...
- Update on Atrial Fibrillation: Restoration of Sinus Rhythm or Ventricular Rate Control? Yi-Gang Li; Hohnloser, Stefan H. // Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Jun1998, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p185
The article discusses therapeutic alternatives for patients with persistent atrial fibrillation. It summarizes the present knowledge on this clinical problem with particular emphasis on issues such as efficacy of antiarrhythmic drugs to prevent recurrent atrial fibrillation, proarrhythmic...
- Assessment of the Inactivation Potential of Desethylamiodarone on Human CYP1A1. Elsherbiny, Marwa E.; El-Kadi, Ayman O. S.; Brocks, Dion R. // Drug Metabolism Letters;Jan2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p9
Desethylamiodarone was reported to inactivate human CYP1A1. To assess this, two protocols were implemented employing dilution and non-dilution of the preincubation mixture. Inactivation studies performed with diluted preincubation mixtures showed no inactivation of CYP1A1 by desethylamiodarone....