INJURY AND REPAIR OF ARTERIAL TISSUE
- Frequency of Provoked Coronary Spasms in Patients Undergoing Coronary Arteriography Using a Spasm Provocation Test Via Intracoronary Administration of Ergonovine. Sueda, Shozo; Kohno, Hiroaki; Fukuda, Hiroshi; Ochi, Naoto; Kawada, Hiroyuki; Hayashi, YUtaka; Uraoka, Tadao // Angiology;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p403
There are no data concerning the incidence of provoked coronary arterial spasms via intracoronary administration of ergonovine (ER). This study sought to establish the incidence of spasms due to intracoronary injection of ER in Japanese patients who underwent coronary angiography. The subjects...
- A COMPARISON OF INTIMAL PROLIFERATION IN EXPERIMENTAL SUBARACHNOID HEMORRHAGE AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Alksne, John F.; Branson, P. J. // Angiology;Dec1976, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p712
Demonstrates the comparison of intimal proliferation in experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage and atherosclerosis. Production of intimal proliferation in the cerebral arteries; Use of sterile precautions and microsurgical technique; Examination of cerebral blood vessels.
- PHYSIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF VASCULAR DISEASE. Caro, C.G. // Acta Radiologica;Apr2000 Supplement 422, Vol. 41, p5
Provides an overview of the physiology of vascular diseases. Clinical characteristics of atherosclerosis; Intimal hyperplasia at arterial bypass grafts; Role of hemodynamics in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis.
- Arsenite but not arsenate inhibits general proteoglycan synthesis in cultured arterial smooth muscle cells. Fujiwara, Yasuyuki; Yamamoto, Chika; Hirooka, Takashi; Terada, Naoko; Satoh, Masahiko; Kaji, Toshiyuki // Journal of Toxicological Sciences;Oct2008, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p487
Epidemiological and experimental studies have suggested that exposure to metalloid arsenic constitutes a risk factor for vascular disease associated with atherosclerosis. Since in atherosclerosis, types of proteoglycans (PGs) present change depending on the stage, we investigated the effect of 2...
- INJURY AND REPAIR IN ARTERIAL TISSUE. Bj�rkerud, S. // Angiology;Nov1974, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p636
Studies the effect of injury on arterial tissue. Concepts concerning the etiology of arterial disease; Proliferation occurred before degenerative changes; Examination of injury and repair of arterial tissue.
- Bilateral Atherosclerotic Aneurysms of the Subclavian Arteries: Case Report. Yener, Ali; Kaptanoglu, Melih; Halit, Velit; Ilgit, Erhan T.; Altin, Melik; Konus, Öznur L. // Vascular Surgery;May1993, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p308
A unique case of bilateral, saccular subclavian artery aneurysms and their treatment in a patient with massive atherosclerosis in the absence of a history trauma and extrinsic vascular compression is presented with a brief review the literature.
- Coronary Artery Aneurysm. Nichols, Larry; Lagana, Stephen; Parwani, Anil // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;May2008, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p823
Context.-Coronary artery aneurysm is an uncommon condition that can be a cause of death when it thromboses or ruptures. It is always associated with destruction of the tunica media, usually associated with atherosclerosis, and commonly associated with chronic inflammation. Objective.-To review...
- Increased prevalence of subclinical atherosclerosis in patients with small-vessel vasculitis. Chironi, G.; Pagnoux, C.; Simon, A.; Pasquinelli-Balice, M.; Del-Pino, M.; Gariepy, J.; Guillevin, L. // Heart;Jan2007, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p96
Background and objective: Although changes in smaller vessels is the hallmark of medium-sized and small-vessel vasculitis, it has been suggested that large arteries of such patients may also be affected by the early atherosclerotic process because of coexisting risk factors or systemic...
- ANOMALIES OF THE CIRCLE OF WILLIS AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Routsonis, K. G.; Stamboulis, El; Christodoulaki, M. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1973, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p141
Presents a study that examined the relation of anomalies of the circle of Willis to the incidence and degree of the atherosclerosis in the vessel complex of the base of the brain. Materials and methods; Results; Discussion.