ARTERIOGRAPHIC DEMONSTRATION OF INTERCORONARY ARTERIAL ANASTOMOSIS IN A LIVING MAN WITHOUT CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE
- COPD and MI: a bad combination. Al Lawati, Nabil M. // Thorax;Aug2007, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p701
The article presents a study which examines the relationship between chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and myocardial infarction (MI). It is stated that the study used clinical approach rather than pulmonary function test of COPD. Results revealed that mortality and rehospitalization...
- Hypoxia: good guy or bad guy? Burtscher, Martin; Netzer, Nikolaus // Sleep & Breathing;Sep2010, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p183
No abstract available.
- Effects of interval hypoxia on exercise tolerance: special focus on patients with CAD or COPD. Burtscher, Martin; Gatterer, Hannes; Szubski, Christoph; Pierantozzi, Emanuela; Faulhaber, Martin // Sleep & Breathing;Sep2010, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p209
Repeated short-term hypoxia (interval hypoxia) has been suggested to increase exercise tolerance by enhancing stress resistance and/or improving oxygen delivery. As low exercise tolerance contributes to mortality in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) and chronic obstructive pulmonary...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor: roles in development, physiology, and disease. Chandel, N. S.; Simon, M. C. // Cell Death & Differentiation;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p619
The article reflects the author's view on roles of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) in development, physiology and diseases. Hypoxia or decreased oxygen level, is encountered by healthy individuals at high altitudes. The author mentions about how hypoxia regulates HIFs and states that hypoxia is a...
- Importance of trough : peak ratios in treatment of blood pressure in post-myocardial infarction and heart failure settings. Meredith, P A // Journal of Human Hypertension;Jan1997, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p39
Hypertension increases the risk of reinfarction and sudden death in the post-myocardial infarction patient, and the same also applies to the co-existing left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH). Thus the therapeutic aim in such patients are: (1) appropriate blood pressure (BP) control; (2) regression...
- Accuracy of ICD-9 codes in identifying ischemic stroke in the General Hospital of Lugo di Romagna (Italy). Rinaldi, R.; Vignatelli, L.; Galeotti, M.; Azzimondi, G.; de Carolis, P. // Neurological Sciences;Jun2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p65
We assessed the sensitivity and the positive predictive value (PPV) of the ICD-9 codes in identifying ischemic strokes. The study involved the cross-sectional comparison between patients with an ischemic stroke diagnosis made by neurologists and patients with the 434 or 436 discharge codes....
- FVC foretells risk of heart failure in patients with coronary disease or LV hypertrophy. // Modern Medicine;Sep96, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p41
Presents an abstract of the research report entitled `Use of Vital Capacity for Cardiac Failure Risk Estimation in Patients With Coronary Disease and Left Ventricular Hypertrophy,' by W.B. Kennel, et al published in the June 1996 issue of the `American Journal of Cardiology.'
- 533 Intramyocardial coronary flow velocity in patients with various types of cardiac hypertrophy. De Gregorio, C.; Micari, A.; Recupero, A.; Grimaldi, P.; Morgesi, M. C.; Rizzo, F.; Cento, D.; Carerj, S.; Coglitore, S. // European Journal of Echocardiography;2003, Vol. 4 Issue suppl_1, pS63
An abstract of the article "Intramyocardial coronary flow velocity in patients with various types of cardiac hypertrophy" by C. De Gregorio, A. Micari, A. Recupero, P. Grimaldi, M. C. Morgesi, F. Rizzo, D. Cento, S. Carerj and S. Coglitore is presented.
- Angiotensinogen M235T polymorphism and left ventricular indices in treated hypertensive patients with normal coronary arteries. Olcay, Ayhan; Nişancı, Yılmaz; Ekmekçi, C. Gökhan; Özbek, Uğur; Sezer, Murat; Umman, Berrin; Buğra, Zehra // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Sep2007, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p257
Objective: Hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) are important causes of morbidity and mortality in the population. Angiotensinogen (AGT) M235T polymorphism has been associated with LVH, left ventricular dimensions, coronary artery disease and antihypertensive drug response in...