HEMODYNAMIC EFFECTS OF OXYGEN BREATHING IN SYSTEMIC ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION
- Azilsartan Medoxomil and Chlorthalidone (EdarbyclorÂ®). Elliott, William T.; Chan, James // Internal Medicine Alert;2/29/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p30
The article provides information regarding the drugs involved in the treatment of hypertension.
- Treatment of hypertension: Insights from the JNC-VI report. KAPLAN, NORMAN M. // American Family Physician;10/15/1998, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p1323
Provides guidelines to help practitioners improve the standard of care for hypertension as set by the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC-VI). Diagnosis and evaluation of hypertension; Risk factors of cardiovascular diseases;...
- Sildenafil is useful in pulmonary arterial hypertension. Karadi, R. L. // Thorax;Feb2006, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p176
The abstract of the study "Sildenafil is useful in pulmonary arterial hypertension," by N. Galie, H.A. Ghofrani, A. Tarbicki and colleagues, is presented. The multicenter, double blind, placebo controlled study was performed in 278 patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension. The patients were...
- Arterial narrowing found in study of Benicar. // Cardiovascular Devices & Drugs;Jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses a study efficiency of the hypertension treatment olmesartan medoxomil in reversing the narrowing of artiers in patients with hypertension. It shows that the difference between olmesartan medoxomil-treated and atenolol-treated patients was significant. In addition,...
- Myocardial remodeling in hypertension. Nadruz, W // Journal of Human Hypertension;Jan2015, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
Left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy and remodeling are frequently seen in hypertensive subjects and result from a complex interaction of several hemodynamic and non-hemodynamic variables. Although increased blood pressure is considered the major determinant of LV structural alterations, ethnicity,...
- Prevention and Control of Hypertension in Different Countries. Chow, Clara K.; Yusuf, Rita; Kelishadi, Roya // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/22/2014, Vol. 311 Issue 4, p419
A response by C. K. Chow and colleagues to a letter to the editor about their article "PURE (Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology) Study investigators. Prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension in rural and urban communities in high-, middle-, and low-income countries,"...
- Can Exercise Help My Blood Pressure? Welborn, Jody // Swim Magazine;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p14
Presents information on the symptoms, causes and treatment for hypertension or high blood pressure.
- Treating Numbers Instead Of A Person. // Health & Stress;2003, Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the treatment of hypertension. Treatment of the patient as a whole rather than the separate manifestations of the disease; Lowering of the blood pressure with thiazide diuretics.
- Should Mild Hypertension Be Treated? Ram, C. Venkata S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep83, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p403
Deals with the controversy surrounding the treatment of mild hypertension. Definition of mild hypertension in adults; Results of the Hypertension Detection and Follow-up Program; Recommendations.