UPTAKE OF CHYLOMICRON TRIGLYCERIDE FATTY ACIDS BY RABBIT AORTA
- triÂ·glycÂ·erÂ·ide. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p350
A definition for "triglyceride" is presented. It refers to a compound consisting of three fatty acids and glycerol that is the chief constituent of fats and oils.
- TRIGLYCERIDES. Schnell, Zoanne Burgess; Van Leeuwen, Anne M.; Kranpitz, Todd R. // Davis's Comprehensive Handbook of Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests ;Jan2003, p931
Presents a comprehensive guide to laboratory and diagnostic tests for triglycerides, a combination of three fatty acids and one glycerol molecule. Specimen; Indications; Interfering factors; Nursing implications and procedure.
- Changes in Polar Lipid Composition in Maize Seedlings Induced by Cadmium Stress. Chaffai, Radhouane; Elhammadi, Mohamed Anis; Seybou, Tini Nouhou; Tekitek, Ali; Marzouk, Brahim; El Ferjani, Ezzedine // International Journal of Agricultural Research;2007, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p126
The fatty acid composition and the polar lipid profiles are examined in maize (Zea mays L., cv. Alistrong) treated with 100 Î¼M Cd. In roots, analysis of fatty acid composition reveals a general pattern of increase in the unsaturation level of most polar lipid classes, as indicated by the...
- Fatty acid composition of lipid classes in maternal and cord plasma at birth. Berghaus, T. M.; Demmelmair, H.; Koletzko, B. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1998, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p763
Abstract The fatty acid composition of plasma phospholipids, triglycerides, cholesterol esters and nonesterified fatty acids was determined by high-resolution capillary gas-liquid chromatography in 41 pairs of mothers and their term infants at time of birth. The total free fatty acid content in...
- Plasticity and constraints on fatty acid composition in the phospholipids and triacylglycerols of Arabidopsis accessions grown at different temperatures. Sanyal, Anushree; Linder, Craig Randal // BMC Plant Biology;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, preceding p1
Background: Natural selection acts on multiple traits in an organism, and the final outcome of adaptive evolution may be constrained by the interaction of physiological and functional integration of those traits. Fatty acid composition is an important determinant of seed oil quality. In plants...
- Lipids from Seeds of Indigofera tinctoria. Yuldasheva, N.; Ul'chenko, N.; Glushenkova, A.; Ergashev, A. // Chemistry of Natural Compounds;Jan2016, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p32
Lipids from seeds of the new Indigofera tinctoria variety Feruz-1 that was grown in saline soil near the Aral Sea were studied for the first time. The seed oil content was 2.66%. The fatty-acid compositions of triacylglycerides, glyco- and phospholipids, free fatty acids, and fatty-acid esters...
- NOVEL LIPID CARRIERS FOR ORAL DELIVERY OF LIPOPHILIC DRUGS. Shaji, Jessy; Bhatia, Vinay // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review & Resear;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p47
Most of the new chemical entities discovered today are highly lipophilic in nature and show poor solubility and membrane permeability resulting in poor oral bioavailability. The need for an effective carrier system led to the development of novel lipid based carriers for enhancing the solubility...
- Investigation and Functional Characterization of Rare Genetic Variants in the Adipose Triglyceride Lipase in a Large Healthy Working Population. Coassin, Stefan; Schweiger, Martina; Kloss-Brandstätter, Anita; Lamina, Claudia; Haun, Margot; Erhart, Gertraud; Paulweber, Bernhard; Rahman, Yusof; Olpin, Simon; Wolinski, Heimo; Cornaciu, Irina; Zechner, Rudolf; Zimmermann, Robert; Kronenberg, Florian // PLoS Pathogens;Feb2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, Special section p1
No abstract available.
- Storage Rates of Circulating Free Fatty Acid Into Adipose Tissue During Eating or Walking in Humans. Koutsari, Christina; Mundi, Manpreet S.; Ali, Asem H.; Jensen, Michael D. // Diabetes;Feb2012, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p329
We measured subcutaneous adipose tissue free fatty acid (FFA) storage rates in postprandial and walking conditions to better understand the contributions of this pathway to body fat distribution. Palmitate tracers were infused intravenously and fat biopsies collected to measure palmitate storage...