- arteriosclerosis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p181
An encyclopedia entry for "arteriosclerosis," which refers to a disease of the arterial vessels, as well as a definition for the term "arteriosclerosis obliterans," is presented.
- Thromboangitis Obliterans and Arteriosclerosis Obliterans. McPherson, James R.; Juergens, John L.; Gifford Jr., Ray W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep63, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p288
Analyzes records of patients considered to have thromboangitis obliterans and those with arteriosclerosis obliterans. Determination whether there are differences in prognosis for life expectancy or loss of limb between the two types of chronic occlusive arterial disease; Clinical features at...
- Failure of Vasodilator Drugs in Arteriosclerosis Obliterans. Coffman, Jay D.; Mannick, John A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan72, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p35
Presents a study that evaluated vasodilator drugs at rest and during exercise in patients with intermittent claudification caused by aortoiliac or femoropopliteal arteriosclerosis obliterans. Names of the drugs; Oral administration of the drugs; Effectiveness of the drugs when used acutely.
- Accelerated Thromboplastin Generation in Acute Arterial Occlusion Complicating Arteriosclerosis Obliterans. Spittell Jr., John A.; Pascuzzi, Chris A.; Thompson Jr., John H.; Owen Jr., Charles A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov61, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p765
Studies the generation of accelerated thromboplastin in patients with acute arterial occlusion complicating arteriosclerosis obliterans. Coagulation mechanism in arteriosclerosis obliterans; Protocol for thromboplastin generation testing; Causes of hypercoagulation state in patients.
- A Novel Seratonin Blocker, Sarpogrelate, Increases Circulating Adiponectin Levels in Diabetic Patients With Arteriosclerosis Obliterans. Yamakawa, Jun'ichi; Takahasi, Takashi; Itoh, Tohoru; Kusaka, Kazuya; Kawaura, Ken; Wang, Xin Qui; Kanda, Tsugiyasu // Diabetes Care;Aug2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p2477
Examines the role of a novel serotonin blocker, sarpogrelate, on the level of circulating adinopectin in diabetic patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans. Role of adinopectin in improving insulin resistance; Decrease scales of cryesthesia in the lower extremeties.
- A Comparative Analysis of Transcutaneous Oxygen Tension (tcPo2) During Rest and Postischemic Response Test in the Diagnosis of Patients with Mild and Moderate Arteriosclerosis Obliterans (ASO). Qian, Shuixian; Iwai, Takehisa; Inoue, Yoshinori; Endo, Mitsuo // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1994, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p393
Transcutaneous oxygen tension (tcPo2) was measured at the foot and chest wall in 12 normal subjects and 62 patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO). The results showed that the resting tcPo2 at the foot and the chest wall was significantly lower in asymptomatic patients (p < 0.01 at the...
- DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF NEURAL COMPLICATIONS OF PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL OBLITERATIVE DISEASE. Mufson, Isidor // Angiology;Oct1952, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p392
Focuses on the diagnosis of the patients with complications of peripheral arterial obliterative disease. Factors causing the impairment of neural functions; Way of treating the disease; Description on the physical condition of the patients.
- MEDICAL TREATMENT OF AORTOILIAC OBLITERATION. Martorell, Fernando // Angiology;Feb1955, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p28
Describes various medical cases of patients presented with aortoilliac obliteration. History of the patients' medical conditions; Treatment of aortoilliac obliteration; Medical examinations.
- Effects of Beraprost Sodium (Dorner) in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus Complicated by Chronic Arterial Obstruction. Toyota, Takayoshi; Oikawa, Shinichi // Angiology;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p7
Investigates the effects of the prostaglandin derivative beraprost sodium on ankle pressure index (API), subjective symptoms and intermittent claudication in diabetic patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans. Differences between pretreatment and posttreatment API and in the rating of...