Aneurysm of the Splenic Artery Associated with Fistula between Splenic Artery and Vein
- Splenic Vein Aneurysm: MR Appearance -- A Case Report. Soo, Mary Scott Campbell; Khoury, Maroon B.; Lupetin, Anthony R. // Angiology;Jul1991, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p590
A presumed pancreatic head mass by non-contrast CT examination, was proven to be a splenic vein aneurysm by enhanced CT, MRI, sonography and arteriography. Dangerous percutaneous aspiration was avoided.
- Aneurysm Formation After Remote Closure of an Arteriovenous Fistula -- A Case Report. Perlmutt, Louis M.; McCann, Richard L. // Vascular Surgery;Jul/Aug1989, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p318
The anatomic and physiologic changes of an arteriovenous fistula are usually reversible with closure of the fistula. With delayed closure, however, anatomic changes may persist and actually progress. A case of this unusual phenomenon is presented.
- RUPTURED SPLENIC ARTERY ANEURYSMS REVIEW OF LITERATURE AND PRESENTATION OF TWO CASES. Thirugnanam, A.; Sauter, Kendall E.; Costello, Addis C. // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec1973, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p269
Two cases of ruptured splenic artery aneurysm are reported and the literature briefly reviewed. A plea is made for greater clinical awareness in cases of obscure abdominal pain, and a more aggressive surgical approach.
- Multiple Splenic Artery Aneurysms: A Rare Cause of Extrahepatic Portal Hypertension and Massive Splenomegaly. AROOR, AKSHATHA RAO; RAMA PRAKASHA, S.; RAGHURAJ, U; ATTAR, NAZIR RAHIM // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Sep2014, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p1
A 39-year-old nulliparous female was admitted with massive splenomegaly. Computed tomography of abdomen revealed multiple aneurysms in the distal half of the splenic artery. Splenic artery aneurysms are rare in nulliparous women and most cases are reported in females with a past history of...
- Endovascular Management of a Ruptured Splenic Artery Aneurysm. Varnagy, David; Sendzischew, Morgan; Hertz, Jeffrey A.; Sendzischew, Harry // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p68
The article presents a clinical case study of a 44-year-old man diagnosed with splenic artery aneurysms (SAA). He was presented to the hospital due to his upper respiratory symptoms complaints and noted mild-to-moderate epigastric pain. Results of chest radiography and electrocardiography showed...
- Bilateral Aneurysms of the Pulmonary Artery with Pectus Excavatum--A Case Report. �zpinar, Cevat; Ceran, Sami; Yeniterzi, Mehmet; Y�ksek, Tahir; �zergin, Ufuk; Solak, Hasan // Vascular Surgery;Apr1993, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p226
An eleven-year-old boy was operated on for a left-sided pulmonary artery aneurysm. The same patient had also been operated three years earlier because of a right sided aneurysm.
- A Prospective Randomized Trial Comparing Traditional and Fast-Track Patient Care in Elective Open Infrarenal Aneurysm Repair. Muehling, Bernd; Schelzig, Hubert; Steffen, Peter; Meierhenrich, Rainer; Sunder-Plassmann, Ludger; Orend, Karl-Heinz // World Journal of Surgery;Mar2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p577
Fast-track recovery programs have led to reduced patient morbidity and mortality after major surgery. In terms of elective open infrarenal aneurysm repair, no evidence is available about such programs. To address this issue, we have conducted a randomized prospective pilot study. The study...
- A False Aneurysm of the Proximal Common Carotid Artery: Evaluation and Management--A Case Report. Kiev, Jonathan; Forman, Mark H.; Kerstein, Morris D. // Vascular Surgery;May1993, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p320
A symptomatic proximal common carotid artery false aneurysm that occurred ten years after the repair of an arteriovenous fistula caused by a stab wound to the neck was repaired by a reverse saphenous vein graft to restore continuity from the aortic arch to the common carotid artery.
- Primary Arteriovenous Fistula Between Common Iliac Vessels: Ultrasound, Computer Tomographic, and Angiographic Findings -- A Case Report. Walstra, B. R. J.; Janevski, B. K.; Jörning, P. J. G. // Angiology;Mar1989, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p222
A giant aneurysm of the right common iliac artery presenting with an arteriovenous fistula (AVF) between the iliac artery and iliac vein and deep venous thrombosis of the right lower extremity is reported. The clinical signs and the radiologic and surgical management of the condition are...