RECONSTRUCTIVE ARTERIAL SURGERY: A SURGICAL ALTERNATIVE TO AMPUTATION
- Is the Trend of Amputation in Nigeria Changing? A Review of 51 Consecutives Cases seen at Federal Medical Centre Ebute Metta, Lagos, Nigeria. Dada, A. A.; Awoyomi, B. O. // Nigerian Medical Journal;2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p167
Introduction: Many previous studies from Nigeria have recognized trauma and complications of management of musculo-skeletal conditions by traditional bone setters (TBS) as the leading cause of amputation in Nigeria. However, of recent, a number of the studies are showing that diabetes gangrene...
- Abdominal Internal Hernias; 5 Cases At Aristide Le Dantec Hospital. Mamadou, Cissé; Konaté, I; Ka, O; Ka, I; Dieng, M; Touré, AO; Dia, A; Touré, CT // Internet Journal of Surgery;2010, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
Introduction: Internal hernias correspond to an exit of bowel through a congenital or acquired intra-abdominal opening. In spite of their rarity, their anatomical and clinical characteristics are varied. They constitute a rare cause of digestive occlusion (approximately 1 to 5.8 % of all the...
- Lower Limb Amputations at a Nigerian Private Tertiary Hospital. Obalum, D. C.; Okeke, G. C. E. // West African Journal of Medicine;Jan2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p24
BACKGROUND: Lower Limb amputation remains one of the commonest surgical procedures. The incidence is on the rise in Nigeria due mainly to increasing motorcycle accidents and increased prevalence of uncontrolled diabetes complicated by neuropathy, vasculopathy and diabetic foot gangrene....
- FURTHER EXPERIENCES WITH GANGRENE OF THE EXTREMITIES. Samuels, Saul S. // Angiology;Feb1959, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p57
Cites case studies on gangrene of the extremities. Effectiveness of an iodine derivative of chlorhydroxyquinoline, especially combined with the anti-inflammatory effect of hydrocortisone as an antifungal and antibacterial substance for gangrene; List of case reports involving gangrene; Emphasis...
- Gas Gangrene in Orthopaedic Patients. Zhimin Ying; Min Zhang; Shigui Yan; Zhong Zhu // Case Reports in Orthopedics;2013, p1
Clostridial myonecrosis is most often seen in settings of trauma, surgery, malignancy, and other underlying immunocompromised conditions. Since 1953 cases of gas gangrene have been reported in orthopaedic patients including open fractures, closed fractures, and orthopaedic surgeries. We present...
- kineplasty. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1270
A reference entry for "kineplasty" which refers to a form of amputation is presented.
- loxotomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1363
A definition of the term "loxotomy" which refers to amputation by oblique section is presented.
- radiectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1963
A definition of the term "radiectomy," which also means radectomy, is presented.
- Emergency Medicine Reports. // Emergency Medicine Reports;11/7/2011 Supplement, p1
Several diagrams and radiographs related to amputed hand are presented.