REDUCING BLOOD PRESSURE BY LABYRINTH STIMULATION IN HYPERTENSIVE PATIENTS
- Evidence based treatment of hypertension: Measurement of blood pressure: an evidence based review. McAlister, Finlay A.; Straus, Sharon E. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/14/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7291, p908
Discusses the reasons for routinely measuring blood pressure. Importance of accuracy in the measurement of blood pressure; Suggestion that guidelines for measurement should be followed closely; Thoughts on the benefits and cost effectiveness of self measurement or ambulatory monitoring, which...
- Blood Pressure Monitors. // American Family Physician;10/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p1547
Provides information on how to monitor blood pressure. Reason people should measure their blood pressure at home; Advantages and disadvantages of aneroid monitor; Facts about digital monitor.
- ABC of hypertension: Blood pressure measurement. O'Brien, Eoin; Beevers, Gareth; Lip., Gregory Y. H. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/05/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7294, p1110
Presents a clinical review on the measurement of blood pressure. Suggestions on how to set up an ambulatory blood pressure measurement service, or automated sphygmomanometry; Importance of self examinations; Instructions.
- Round-the-clock BP monitoring. Lewis, Colin // GP: General Practitioner;3/3/2003, p85
Focuses on the model Welch Allyn ABPM 6100, designed for ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Advantages of the model; Cost of the model; Suppliers of the model.
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring: which arm? O�Shea, J C; Murphy, M B // Journal of Human Hypertension;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p227
To determine the effects of routinely selecting the non-dominant arm for ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) on estimates of patients' blood pressure (BP) and to evaluate the practise of using manual BP from one arm and ambulatory BP from the other on the estimation of white coat effect...
- Modern approaches to blood pressure management. Staessen, Jan A.; O'Brien, Eoin T.; Thijs, Lutgarde; Fagard, Robert H. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Aug2000, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p510
Focuses on various techniques developed to measure the blood pressure (BP). Comparison between ambulatory monitoring and self measurement; Use of automated BP measurement technique to identify patients with white coat hypertension; Superiority of ambulatory BP monitoring in assessing the...
- Automated Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb86, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p275
Examines the benefits of the automated ambulatory blood pressure monitoring. Motivation behind the development of the technique; Risk of infection; Efficacy of the technique.
- Ambulatory Blood-Pressure Monitoring in Clinical Practice. White, William B. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/12/2003, Vol. 348 Issue 24, p2377
Discusses the accuracy of a blood pressure measurement taken in a clinical setting with a sphygmomanometer cuff and that of ambulatory blood-pressure monitoring, which provides automated measurements over a 24-hour period. Reference to a study by Clement and colleagues in this issue show that...
- New AHA Recommendations for Blood Pressure Measurement. Smith, Liz // American Family Physician;10/1/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p1391
Presents recommendations for the measurement of blood pressure published by the American Heart Association. Definition of true blood pressure; Classification of hypertension; Standard clinic procedure in measuring blood pressure; Devices used; Impact of the position of the patient on blood...