A New, Ideal Technique to Monitor Thrombolytic Therapy
- Correction. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/15/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p1157
A correction to the article "Use of Argatroban and Catherter-directed Thrombolysis with Altephase in an Oncology Patient with Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia with Thrombosis," in the May 1, 2014 issue is presented.
- Enhanced Stroke Treatment. // Technotrends Newsletter;Aug2014, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p3
The article focuses on the research which shows the effectiveness of the new method for delivering thrombolytic therapy to block blood vessels and increase the action of clot-busting drugs. It states that the preliminary research on mice shows that the effectiveness of recombinant tissue...
- Combined antithrombin and protein C supplementation in meningococcal purpura fulminans: a pharmacokinetic study. Fourrier, François; Leclerc, Francis; Aidan, Karl; Sadik, Ahmed; Jourdain, Mercé; Tournoys, Antoine; Noizet, Odile // Intensive Care Medicine;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1081
Purpose. To document in patients with meningococcal purpura fulminans (PF), the effects of a combined supplementation with antithrombin (AT) and protein C (PC) plasma concentrates and to estimate the pharmacokinetics and dose requirements of each inhibitor. Design. Retrospective study of 15...
- Treatment of Acute Lower Limb Ischemia Following the Use of the Duett Sealing Device: Report of Three Cases and Review of the Literature Leg Ischemia due to Duett Use. Katsouras, C.S.; Michalis, L.K.; Leontaridis, I.; Kolettis, T.; Naka, K.K.; Goudevenos, J.A.; Rees, M.R.; Sideris, D.A. // CardioVascular & Interventional Radiology;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p268
Three cases of local thrombolysis in the treatment of acute lower limb ischemia complicating the utilization of the Duett sealing device are presented. Routine usage of several vascular closure devices after cardiac catheterization and percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) has been adopted in...
- Low Dose Intraarterial Thrombolysis with Tissue Plasminogen Activator: Does It Deliver as Promised? Madhavan, P.; Sultan, S.; McDonnell, C.O.; Cowman, J.P.; Colgan, M.P.; McEniff, N.; Molloy, M.; Moore, D.J.; Shanik, G. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p351
Examines the results and benefits of thrombolytic therapy. Variations in the success rates of intraarterial therapy; Indications for treatment of patients; Complications during tissue plasminogen activator treatment.
- Accelerated t-PA is the preferred choice for all but the very oldest MI patients. // Modern Medicine;Mar97, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p61
Presents an abstract of the study titled `Age and outcome with contemporary thrombolytic therapy: Results from the GUSTO-I trial,' by H.D. White, G.I. Barbash et al, published in the October 15, 1996 issue of `Circulation.'
- Activation of PDGF-CC by tissue plasminogen activator impairs blood-brain barrier integrity during ischemic stroke. Su, Enming J.; Fredriksson, Linda; Geyer, Melissa; Folestad, Erika; Cale, Jacqueline; Andrae, Johanna; Gao, Yamei; Pietras, Kristian; Mann, Kris; Yepes, Manuel; Strickland, Dudley K.; Betsholtz, Christer; Eriksson, Ulf; Lawrence, Daniel A. // Nature Medicine;Jul2008, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p731
Thrombolytic treatment of ischemic stroke with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) is markedly limited owing to concerns about hemorrhagic complications and the requirement that tPA be administered within 3 h of symptoms. Here we report that tPA activation of latent platelet-derived growth...
- Should more patients with acute ischaemic stroke receive thrombolytic treatment? Wardlaw, Joanna M.; Sandercock, Peter A. G.; Murray, Veronica // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;11/28/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7732, p1251
The article discusses the uncertainty surrounding the use of thrombolysis with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) in highly selected patients with acute ischaemic stroke. It references studies conducted in the U.S., Canada and several European countries. Findings from a systemic...
- rt-PA within 6 hours of acute ischemic stroke did not improve clinical outcomes at 6 months. van Adel, Brian; Oczkowski, Wieslaw // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/20/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 10, pJC5-7
The article focuses on the study of IV recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) and its efficacy and safety within six hours of administration of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) onset. The study did not include intracranial hemorrhage and structured brain lesions through computed tomography....