Arrhythmias Associated with Intermittent Outpatient Dobutamine Infusion
- COMMENTARY. Falk, Gavin; Fahey, Tom // Evidence Based Medicine;Feb2008, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p24
The article comments on a cohort study about the risk of progression to permanent atrial fibrillation (AF), congestive heart failure (CHF), stroke and death in patients with only AF and without structural heart disease by A. Jahangir and colleagues. The author discusses the implications of the...
- LETTERS AND CORRECTIONS. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec86, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p965
Presents letters and corrections from the readers of the 'Annals of Internal Medicine.' Hemoperfusion for N-Acetylprocainamide intoxication; Complications of dobutamine in patients with severe congestive heart failure; Extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy and prophylaxis for endocarditis.
- Permanent junctional reciprocating tachycardia in children: a multicentre study on clinical profile and outcome. Vaksmann, G.; D'hoinne, C.; Lucet, V.; Guillaumont, S.; Lupoglazoff, J. -M.; Chantepie, A.; Denjoy, I.; Villain, E.; Marçon, F. // Heart;Jan2006, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p101
Objectives: To investigate the clinical profile, natural history, and optimal management of persistent or permanent junctional reciprocating tachycardia (PJRT) in children. Methods and results: 85 patients meeting the ECG criteria for PJRT were enrolled in a retrospective multicentre study. Age...
- CHF: Magnesium chloride supplement suppresses arrhythmia. // Geriatrics;Nov1991, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p22
The article reports that oral magnesium chloride supplementation appears to significantly reduce ventricular tachycardias in patients with chronic congestive heart failure and frequent ventricular actopic activity according to George's Hospital, London. Magnesium deficiency occurs in a large...
- 681 Withdrawn Long term cardiac rehabilitation outcome measures of a trial cohort of elderly patients with congestive heart failure. Austin, J.; Williams, R.; Hutchison, S.; Ross, L. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p153
An abstract of the study "Withdrawn Long term Cardiac Rehabilitation Outcome Measures of a Trial Cohort of Elderly Patients With Congestive Heart Failure," by J. Austin and colleagues is presented.
- 327 Re-hospitalizations and cardiac rehabilitation participation of patients with and without CHF following CABG surgery. Geulayov, G.; Gofer, D.; Drori, Y.; Dankner, R. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;
An abstract of the article "Re-Hospitalizations and Cardiac Rehabilitation Participation of Patients With and Without CHF Following CABG Surgery," by G. Geulayov and colleagues is presented.
- An index for evaluating distance of a healthy heart from Sino-Atrial blocking arrhythmia. Gholizade-Narm, Hossein; Khademi, Morteza; Azemi, Asad; Karimi-Ghartemani, Masoud // Journal of Biomedical Science & Engineering;Mar2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p308
In this paper, an index for evaluating Distance of a healthy heart from Sino-Atrial Blocking Arrhythmia (SABA) is presented. After definition of the main pacemakers' model of heart, Sino-Atrial (SA) and Atrio-Ventricular nodes (AV), the boundary of synchronization, which demonstrates the...
- Ventricular tachycardia due to perinatal asphyxia. Nirupam, Nilay; Nangia, Sushma; Saili, Arvind // Indian Pediatrics;Mar2014, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p227
Background: Perinatal asphyxia is known to precipitate myocardial dysfunction, rhythm abnormalities and congestive cardiac failure. Case characteristics: A 2-day old neonate with perinatal asphyxia. Observation: He developed shock secondary to ventricular tachycardia, and required synchronized...
- Why the dramatic change in this ECG? Hammond, Cecile // RN;Aug80, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p52
Describes a case in which a congestive heart failure was diagnosed in an aged woman. Information on the results of the patient's electrocardiography; Discussion on dysrhythmia and its possible cause.