THE DEMONSTRATION OF THORACIC DUCT ABNORMALITIES BY LYMPHANGIOGRAPHY
- Answer to the Letter to the Editor of T. B. Grivas concerning 'A comprehensive review of thoracic deformity parameters in scoliosis' by Harris JA, et al. Eur Spine J (2014): DOI 10.1007/s00586-014-3580-8. Harris, Jonathan // European Spine Journal;Mar2015, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p619
A response from the author of the article "A comprehensive review of thoracic deformity parameters in scoliosis," by J. A. Harris and colleagues.
- Radiation oncology. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS82
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Evaluation of an immobilization technique for intrathoracic radiotherapy,' by R. Halperin.
- "Therapeutic" Lymphangiography -- A New Solution to Post-Bypass Lymphorrhea -- A Case Report. Perler, Bruce A.; Kinnison, Malonnie // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec1987, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p436
A sixty-eight-year-old man developed a groin lymphocele following an aortofemoral bypass graft. Despite four weeks of conservative therapy, lymphorrhea persisted. A lymphangiogram, performed to accurately identify the site of leakage, resulted in cessation of the lymphatic leak. To our...
- Thoracic Duct Cysts of the Neck. Ducic, Yadranko; Gallaher, Tom T. // Journal of Otolaryngology;Nov/Dec1999, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p344
Presents a case report of a middle-aged male smoker with a progressively enlarging supraclavicular mass. Revelation of a cystic mass from the supravehicular area and a cystic lesion in the thyroid gland; Diagnosis of a possible carcinoma of the thyroid gland; Surgical procedure; Pathologic...
- Letter to the Editor concerning: 'A comprehensive review of thoracic deformity parameters in scoliosis' by Jonathan A. Harris, Oscar H. Mayer, Suken A. Shah, Robert M. Campbell Jr., Sriram Balasubramanian. Eur Spine J (2014) 23:2594-2602, DOI 10.1007/s00586-014-3580-8 Grivas, Theodoros // European Spine Journal;Mar2015, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p617
In this letter to the Editor, an additional radiological thoracic deformity parameter is described, which was not included in the review, namely the rib index (RI). The index and its usefulness of its application are described, both in the clinical praxis and in the aetiology of idiopathic...
- Radiation oncology. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS83
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `The influence of age on delivery, tolerance and efficacy of thoracic irradiation in limited stage small cell lung cancer (LD-SCLC),' by H. Quon et al.
- A breath of fresh air? Report of the 2003 British Thoracic Society Winter Meeting. Hurst J R; Choo-Kang B S W // Thorax;Mar2004, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p190
An overview of some of the key topics presented at the BTS Winter Meeting held in London on 3-5 December 2003.
- Spinale epidurale Lipomatose. Artner, J.; Leucht, F.; Cakir, B.; Reichel, H.; Lattig, F. // Der OrthopÃ¤de;Nov2012, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p889
Spinal epidural lipomatosis (SEL) is a rare condition affecting the thoracic and lumbar spine, characterized by a hypertrophy and hyperplasia of the rich vascularized fat tissue inside the spinal canal. The etiology of SEL is unknown. A high number of cases are associated with obesity,...
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy Associated with Chylous Ascites. Hurley, Matthews K.; Emiliani, Vincent J.; Comer, Gail M.; Patel, Asha; Navarro, Carlos; Maiki, Celestine O. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1989, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p1567
Chylous ascites is a well-documented sequelae of traumatic rupture of the thoracic duct and mechanical obstruction of the lymphatic system due to neoplastic, inflammatory, or congenital anomalies. Less commonly, chylous ascites results from altered hemodynamics and lymphatic flow, as seen in...