ILIAC ARTERIO-VENOUS FISTULA FROM AN ANEURYSM FOLLOWING SEAT BELT TRAUMA
- Vascular Injuries: Trends in Management. Wani, Mohd Lateef; Ahangar, Ab Gani; Ganie, Farooq Ahmad; Wani, Shadab Nabi; Wani, Nasirud-din // Kowsar Medical Journal;Summer2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p266
Vascular injury presents a great challenge to the emergency resident because these injuries require urgent intervention to prevent loss of life or limb. Sometimes serious vascular injury presents with only subtle or occult signs or symptoms. The patient may present weeks or months after initial...
- Ruptured, Infected Popliteal Pseudoaneurysm. Robey, James W.; Kohlman-Trigoboff, Debra; Simsir, Sinan A.; Molina, Hector G.; Smith, Bruce M. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1998, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p281
An unusual case of ruptured, infected pseudoaneurysm of the popliteal artery presumed secondary to remote blunt trauma in a young man with no history of intravenous drug abuse is presented. The etiology and management of infected peripheral pseudoaneurysms are discussed.
- Late-onset small bowel obstruction following blunt abdominal trauma and mesenteric vessel damage: Case report. Shi-yong Huang; Zhong-chuan Wang; Ji-wei Sun; Wei Chen; Peng Du; Xu-guang Hu; Long Cui // HealthMed;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p2258
We describe a rare case in which blunt abdominal trauma resulted in mesenteric injury with delayed ischemic ileal stenosis. A gastrointestinal tract study using iodine solution demonstrated a stenotic ileal loop. Laparotomy revealed distal ileal stenosis with vascular mesenteric injury. The...
- Pulmonary Arteriovenous Aneurysm as Manifestation of Oslerï¿½Weberï¿½Rendu Syndrome. Luthra, Suvitesh; Antippa, Phillip; Tatoulis, James // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p336
Pulmonary arteriovenous aneurysms (AVMs) are a common manifestation of Oslerï¿½Weberï¿½Rendu syndrome. These can be associated with disastrous cerebral complications. Most cases can be treated with transcatheter embolisation. Very large aneurysms with multiple feeding vessels and previous...
- THE TREATMENT OF TRAUMATIC ANEURYSMS BY CLASSICAL METHODS. Kourias, Basil // Angiology;Jun1954, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p235
Discusses several methods for the treatment of traumatic aneurysms. Progress in the surgical treatment of aneurysms; Procedures for a case of spontaneous aneurysm of the abdominal aorta; Technique for an arteriovenous fistula.
- Open Surgical Care of Children Less Than 13 Years of Age with Vascular Injury: Problems and Precautions. Dalsing, Michael C. // Vascular;Nov2005 Supplement, Vol. 13, pS122
This article discusses findings of a study which assessed open surgical care of children with vascular injury. A vascular surgery database was examined to determine those children less than 13 years of age requiring vascular interventions. Several causes of vascular injury include blunt,...
- Conservative treatment of an acute compartment syndrome of the thigh. Riede, U.; Schmid, M. R.; Romero, J. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jun2007, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p269
Compartment syndromes of the thigh after blunt trauma without any fracture are rare. Most surgeons recommend operative treatment. There are different rules for compartment syndromes of the thigh in young athletes after blunt trauma compared to compartment syndromes at other locations [(1) the...
- TRAUMATIC ANEURYSMS AND ARTERIO-VENOUS FISTULAE. Fraser, Guiermo A. // Vascular Surgery;Dec1970, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p258
Historical, etiological, pathological and clinical features of traumatic aneurysms and arterio-venous fistulae have been reviewed. Six illustrative case reports indicate no mortality or morbidity when modern definitive treatment is instituted in young adults with non-apthologic blood vessels.
- Bilateral Aneurysms of the Pulmonary Artery with Pectus Excavatum--A Case Report. �zpinar, Cevat; Ceran, Sami; Yeniterzi, Mehmet; Y�ksek, Tahir; �zergin, Ufuk; Solak, Hasan // Vascular Surgery;Apr1993, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p226
An eleven-year-old boy was operated on for a left-sided pulmonary artery aneurysm. The same patient had also been operated three years earlier because of a right sided aneurysm.