Cardiorespiratory and Metabolic Effects of Buflomedil: Case Reports
- EARLY EXPERIMENTS IN THROMBO-PROPHYLAXIS WITH NEW ORAL ANTICOAGULANTS - RIVAROXABAN. Trusca, Tiberiu; Lupescu, Olivera; Nagea, Mihail; Patru, Christina; Popescu, Gheorghe Ion // Clujul Medical;Jun2010, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p302
Rivaroxaban is a recently introduced anti-thrombotic drug, with highly potent activity on the coagulation mechanism. It is orally administered and rapidly absorbed and it inhibits specifically and reversibly the central point of the coagulation cascade, Factor Xa. All the published studies...
- From the literature: Cardiovascular benefit of 'polypill' evaluated in BMJ. // Formulary;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p518
Presents the results of a study on the efficacy of cardiovascular drugs to reduce the risk of stroke and ischemic heart disease. Meta-analysis of beta-blockers, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and calcium channel blockers; Efficacy of the combination low-dose treatment.
- Are Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) Safe? Elliott, William T. // Internal Medicine Alert;11/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the results of two meta-analysis which examine the safety of the thiazolidinediones (TZD), namely rosiglitazone and pioglitazone.
- Pressure and Microcirculatory Effects of Treatment with Lercanidipine in Hypertensive Patients and in Vascular Patients with Hypertension. Cesarone, M. R.; ncandela, L. I; Ledda, A.; De Sanctis, M. T.; Steigerwalt, R.; Pellegrini, L.; Bucci, M.; Belcaro, G.; Ciccarelli, R. // Angiology;Aug2000 Supplement, Vol. 51, pS53
Evaluates the macrocirculatory and microcirculatory effects of treatment with the antihypertensive agent lercanidipine. Role of lercanidipine in acting both on blood pressure and microcirculation in patients with moderate essential hypertension without vascular disease and those with...
- Beat-to-Beat Measurement of Cardiovascular Effects of a Single Subcutaneous Dose of Terbutaline in Healthy Subjects. Mulder, W.M.C.; de Klerk, S.; Settels, J.J.; van Boxtel, C.J. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p593
Objective: To evaluate the cardiovascular effects over time of a single subcutaneous (SC) dose of terbutaline 0.75mg in young healthy volunteers using continuous, beat-to-beat monitoring of cardiovascular effects. Design and methods: Nine healthy young volunteers were administered a SC dose of...
- Why a New Journal in Cardiovascular Pharmacology and Therapeutics? Singh, Bramah N. // Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Mar1996, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on the "Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology and Therapeutics."
- Statin drug bans forcing GPs to offer 'sub-optimal care'. Anekwe, Lilian // Pulse;4/20/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p3
The article reports on the research analysis which depicts that the use of atorsavatatin or rosuvatatin instead of simvastatin to treat patients with acute coronary syndrome is cost-effective and better care in Great Britain.
- Statins in Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease â€•Are We Ready? Gupta, Rahul // Internal Medicine Alert;4/29/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p57
The article examines the effectiveness of statins in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- The End of the Digoxin Era? Manolis, Antonis S.; Melita, Helen // Rhythmos;Oct2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p75
Digoxin is one of the oldest of cardiovascular drugs which is still frequently used, both in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) and patients with heart failure with or without AF. The use of digoxin preceded the era of evidence based medicine. However, over the recent past, there has been...