SURGICAL TREATMENT OF LESIONS OF THE OUTFLOW TRACT OF THE LEFT VENTRICLE
- Association between aortic stenosis severity and contractile reserve measured by two-dimensional strain under low-dose dobutamine testing. Banović, Marko; Vujisić-Tešić, Bosiljka; Kujačić, Vuk; Obradović, Slobodan; Crkvenac, Zdenko; Ostojić, Miodrag // Vojnosanitetski Pregled: Military Medical & Pharmaceutical Journ;Dec2013, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p1103
Background/Aim. Early detection of left ventricle (LV) systolic dysfunction could be a clue for surgical treatment in patients with significant aortic stenosis (AS). Therefore, we evaluated LV peak of global longitudinal strain (PGLS) using speckle tracking imaging at rest and during low-dose...
- On-Pump Beating Heart Endoventriculoplasty Using Autologous Endocardium for Left Ventricular Aneurysm Repair. Oktar, Gürsel Levent; Gianoli, Monica; Porta, Fabiano; Grandjean, Jan // Balkan Medical Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p328
The operative goals of the repair of postinfarction left ventricular aneurysms are to correct the size and geometry of the left ventricle in order to reduce wall tension and paradoxical movement and to improve the systolic function. Endoventriculoplasty has become the gold standard, since the...
- Unexpected left ventricular free-wall rupture following an aortic catheter-valve implantation. Ferrari, Enrico; Rizzo, Elena; Sulzer, Christopher; von Segesser, Ludwig Karl // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Jan2010, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p242
Abstract: Our experience with the Sapien trans-apical aortic valve (Edwards Lifesciences Inc., Irvine, CA, USA) has been straightforward without per-procedural mortality except in 1/16 consecutive cases who developed non-apical haemorrhage early after valve implantation. We describe the case of...
- Value of the ECG in Asymptomatic AS. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Mar2012, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p19
The author discusses a Simvastatin and Ezetimibe in Aortic Stenosis Study (SEAS) substudy by A. M. Greve and colleagues, which concluded that electrocardiogram (ECG) left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) and LVH with strain were independently predictive of cardiovascular (CV) events in asymptomatic...
- Left Ventricular Remodeling and Function in Adult Aortic Stenosis. Faggiano, Pompilio; Rusconi, Cesare; Ghizzoni, Giuseppe; Sabatini, Tony // Angiology;Dec1994, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p1033
The aim of this study was to analyze the left ventricular (LV) geometric changes occurring in chronic pressure overload due to valvular aortic stenosis (AS). Fifty-six adult patients (30 women, 26 men, mean age seventy-two ï¿½ nine years, range forty-five to eighty-five years) with isolated...
- Use of a Ventricular Assist Device in a Single-Ventricle Patient. Eghtesady, Pirooz // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2005, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p618
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Total Circulatory Support With an LVAD in an Adolescent With a Previous Fontan Procedure," by O. H. Frazier in a 205 issue.
- Use of a Ventricular Assist Device in a Single-Ventricle Patient. Frazier, O. H. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2005, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p618
A response by O. H. Frazier to a letter to the editor about his article "Total Circulatory Support With an LVAD in an Adolescent With A Previous Fontan Procedure," in a 2005 issue is presented.
- Apical LV lead placement may worsen CRT outcomes. // Cardiology Today;Jul2010, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses research on the impact of apical left ventricular (LV) placement on cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) outcomes, by F. Merchant and colleagues, published in the 2010 issue of "Heart Rhythm."
- ACE Inhibitors/ARBs for Aortic Stenosis? Boyle, Andrew J. // Hospital Medicine Alert;Dec2011, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p79
An abstract of the article "ACE Inhibitors/ ARBs for Aortic Stenosis?" by Andrew J. Boyle is presented.